Monday, December 31, 2012

12-31-12


7:50am


Started getting a migraine with blurry vision.
I was looking out the window this morning
and couldn't resist getting a photo of the sunrise this morning.
It didn't last long with the clouds obstructing
the beautiful and bright red colors in the sky.



Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning.
A red sunrise reflects the dust particles of a system that has just passed from the west. This indicates that a storm system may be moving to the east. If the morning sky is a deep fiery red, it means a high water content in the atmosphere. So, rain (snow) is on its way.
9:20pm


Got breakfast made of egg & cheese sandwiches,
hung up a load of laundry, got laundry going 
in washer and dryer, 
took a pork tenderloin out of freezer to thaw for tomorrow,
got ingredients set out to make a couple
of pumpkin cheesecakes,
and lastly I put a turkey breast in an oven
bag and have it baking.



My New Year's Resolution-

To pay off outstanding debts,
save more money, build up the saving's account,
and just try to get back on track.
We've been derailed for a couple of years now.
It has been unavoidable because of 
doctor, hospital and prescription bills
and the rising cost of living but not rising cost of pay.


10:05am


Getting ready to work on my double layer
Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Usually when I make this I bake both layers
of pumpkin and cheesecake at once.
But this time around I am using a boxed
cheesecake mix so will do a layer with
baked pumpkin pie, allow to cool,
then put the cheesecake filling on top and put in fridge.




10:30am


Now how am I supposed to get any work done, lol.



11:30am


Last load of laundry in the washer.
Got 2 pumpkin pies in the oven baking and about done.
And, I put a pork tenderloin in the crock
with a can of sauerkraut, brown sugar and
topped it with a packet of pork seasoning.
It's smelling sooo good in here!




1:00pm


Turkey breast is done and out of the oven.
Also got the cheesecake made up and
put on top of the pumpkin pies.
I added some maple flavoring to the cheesecake. 

Perfect Pumpkin Pie recipe
My tweaks was that I added a couple teaspoons
of pumpkin pie spice instead of the ginger and nutmeg 
and a couple teaspoons of cinnamon.
I also baked it in a graham cracker crust.

The boxed cheesecake mix I got at Aldi.




 6:30pm


I am really starting to hate snow.
It seems like the more you shovel the more
it likes to keep covering the walk and driveway.
The worst part is the layer of ice underneath. 
Now my whole midsection from back to hips to tailbone
is all aching!   And by looking at the security cameras
it looks like it is snowing again!   AHHHH!



Time for some pie after all the shoveling!



I was so tired earlier that I crashed on the couch watching tv.
I think it had something to do with grubbing
on turkey most of the day, lol. 


Mom ordered us a late Christmas present today from HSN.
Not long ago she had bought a microfleece sheet set
off HSN and they were so soft.  Great to have during
those cold Winter nights.  They have the feel
of a fleece sweater, jacket or scarf!  She asked if I would like a set
back when she got hers.  She's been waiting for them
to come back on HSN.  They haven't made a second
appearance so she called and asked if they still had them.
They should be here January 10th.  Can't wait. 
I may never get out of bed again, lol.
They said they didn't have any more of the solid colors
but had a green and white medallion print
and a brown and white medallion print.
I'm getting the brown print.
I don't know where these prints came from
because they are not offered on the website.
They are $39.95 for a complete set
of flat sheet, fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases.

Concierge Collection Microfleece 4-piece Sheet Set - Queen

Item: 146-044f







 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment