Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12-19-12

9:40a
8:10am


One cushion cover down, two more to go.



8:40am


Second cushion cover done.



9:40am


Took a time out to get a bite to eat then
resumed with my sewing.
I decided to make a pillow cover this time around.
These are down pillows.  There are two.
It is also reversible to go with the colors of the couch.




2:00pm


Yeah, the cushion covers are all done!
Still need to make one more pillow cover
and sometime do the ottomans.



Before




3:40pm


Got all the neighbor gifts wrapped up.
I ended up wrapping then in green saran wrap
and tying them with a gold wire ribbon.


Getting ready to work on supper.
I'm making 3 cheese tortellini pasta
with leftover taco meat mixed with
a can of 4 cheese pasta sauce.
Served with a large dinner rolls and butter.

Hubby says his work Christmas party went really well.
They guys LOVED their tool boxes
with tool cookies and loved my idea!
As for my loaded potato buffalo chicken casserole
(I put dollops of french onion dip on top of it last night),
well he says they gobbled that up and there's none left!
A lady in the office got our gift of a coffee mug,
electric warmer and hot chocolate set.
Hubby says we got some kind of tupperware type set. 
That sure beats the one year where he
got two foam can coozies!
Someone put a lot of thought into that gift, lol.

I'm happy with my progress around here.
So far I'm right on track with getting things done.
Would like to spend tomorrow working
on getting gifts wrapped up.


4:30pm


Yeah, the last pillow is done!
 Photos show the front and backs of pillows.




As much as I hate to say this I hope we
get an inch of snow Friday.
About a month or so ago I entered a Facebook contest
through a local tv station here.  The question
was, what day do you think we'll get 1" of
snow accumulation?
I wrote in and said December 21st! 
The prize is a behind the scenes tour 
of the tv station.
Got my fingers crossed.

6:00pm


I was right, neener neener.
When hubby and the kids asked what the 
difference was between a snow storm
and a blizzard I responded by saying
a blizzard had high winds.

 The definition of a blizzard is 
a severe snow storm which has low temperatures
and sustained winds or gusts at 35 mph or higher
with blowing or drifting snow that reduces
visibility to a quarter mile or less
and must last for a prolonged amount of
time usually 3 hours or more.
Snowfall amounts do not have to be significant.


-









No comments:

Post a Comment