Monday, December 17, 2012

12-17-12

7:50am


Got some peanut butter cookies in the oven.
I took a roll of peanut butter Pillsbury cookie dough and
spooned out 2 teaspoons at a time and rolled into balls
and placed into a mini muffin tin.
Bake them for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Once done press a mini peanut butter cup into the tops of them.
Allow to cool in pan before removing.
I put them in the freezer til the 
peanut butter cups hardened so I could remove them.

I used a bag of 50 count mini peanut butter cups
from Halloween.  Found at Menards this week for $2.19 a bag.
They had a pumpkin face on one side
but no one would know once I pressed that side
down into the cookies.





9:00am


After going through all the peanut butter cups
I had there was about 1/4 peanut butter cookie dough left. 
I made 36 peanut butter cookies with it.
So this morning so far I have made 86 cookies,
a little over 7 dozen!
I still have frosted peppermint sugar cookies,
chocolate chip cookies, cake pop buckeyes and fudge to make.



The other day while in Meijer I bought
this little bag of strong scented cinnamon sticks.
I placed the whole bag on the register vent.
Every time the furnace kicks on it
makes the whole house smell good.





1:00pm


Working on almost 4 dozen peppermint cookies.
Will have made a total of 47 of them.
Will put a vanilla frosting on them
and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.




2:15pm


Got most of the peppermint cookies done.
Have to take a break and pick kids up from the bus stop.



3:20pm


While visions of 47 peppermint sugar cookies
 still dance in my head it's time to think about supper.
Tonight we're having pork chops
dipped in egg then into a seasoned batter with
a packet of pork seasoning and crushed crackers.


7 days to go.  Not sure if I'm gonna make it.
Rush, rush, rush.
Still have chocolate chip cookies 
and buckeyes to make.
Not too sure about the fudge now because
I just realized I bought instant pudding
instead of the cooked pudding and I don't think that will work.
Not sure when the in-laws will pop in
so need to worry about getting 
3 more couch cushions recovered so they
don't wonder why there is just foam on the 
back of our couch, lol.
Hubby's got the on call emergency pager this week.
So this should be fun! 


4:45pm


Still running around like a chicken with it's head cut off
cleaning.  Got sup in the oven.
Hubby's on his way home in the pouring down rain
and of course traffic is slow.
People are afraid to drive in rain or snow in Ohio don't ya know.
He even said he saw lightning and heard thunder.
I saw on Facebook we could get a thunderstorm.
Some places are getting hail.
Chilling for a bit til hubby gets home.
I was doing good all day then this evening
the pain started kicking in.
SUCKS! Having to live your life around pain.
But I'm happy with what I got
accomplished today. 
Now if the in-laws would come near the end
of the week I would be happy :0)
I hate this not knowing when they are coming.
I can only do so much each day
and I don't even have their gifts wrapped yet. 


6:50pm


Trying so hard to pry my fingers away from cookie dough, lol.
I made up a small batch of my
stamped cookies.
I baked sugar cookies then when they 
come out of the oven I press a foam stamp
into them and fill the indentation with
a mixture of powdered sugar, milk and food coloring.
Allow to dry til hardened.
I made 21 of these so far.
For a total of 154 cookies made today. 
I made these for the family tonight as a snack.



Getting tired!
Hubby keeps saying,
"you STILL making cookies?!"
I don't recall being able to make any
cookies last year because of being so sick.
I'm making up for that this year, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment