Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12-18-12

7:45am


Got the first batch of cake pops in the oven.
I bought the bake pops pan at Kroger
marked down for $5 or less, I don't remember exactly.
I am using a red velvet cake mix
mixed with 4 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, 
1/2 + 1/8 cup milk plus a package of
fudge instant pudding.
Directions say to bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
I cut the baking time back to 15 minutes
because I thought they were getting too done.

Once done it is recommended to place them
in the freezer or fridge before dipping into chocolate.
I found a small crock pot at the thrift store
for $2.49 that I use for melting dipping chocolate in.
I try to find Kroger chocolate bark marked down
after the holidays and stock up on it for the next year.



9:30am


Started coating the cake balls with white chocolate
and sprinkling them with decorations.
Once they have hardened I'll put them
in mini cupcake wrappers.
I ended up with 68 cake balls.
For a total of 222 cookies/cake balls made so far,
almost 19 dozen! 




I'm done for now.
Will finish up this afternoon.


We have yucky weather coming this week.
Thursday a strong cold front will come in
with rain turning to possible snow Thursday afternoon/evening
with wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour!
Friday we're to have highs in the mid 30's. 
Friday is the last day for Columbus City School
before they go on Winter break for 2 weeks.
They will go back to school January 8th.


1:15pm


Back to working on the cake pops.
The body is starting to hurt already
which is a little earlier than usual.
Got hubby's coworker tool boxes
filled with cookies and ready to go tomorrow.
I still have to wrap his white elephant gifts for work
(a coffee cup with electric warmer $1.00
and a box of 4 gourmet hot chocolate pouches was free)
and take the casserole out of the freezer for 
his Christmas party.


And I started making plates of
cookies for neighbors. 


Still have chocolate chip cookies to make.
Any leftover cookies will be used for Santa
and Christmas dinner.

This evening if I find time I might work on getting
fabric cut to work on the cushion covers tomorrow. 


4:00pm


Got all my fabric cut out and ready to go.
Top- enough to do three couch back cushions front and back.
Bottom right- fabric to recover the couch pillows front and back.
Bottom left- enough fabric leftover to cover 
2 ottomans in just the striped fabric.


Time to work on supper.
Thinking about having brown rice,
smoked sausage and broccoli
with teriyaki sauce.

 
7:30pm


Went out on a call with hubby to his work.
One son tagged along.
I was baking chocolate chip cookies
before we left and figured I'd bake the rest
once back home.  I had about a 1/4 roll left, maybe less.
I'm so pissed right now.
Went to get the rest of my chocolate chip cookie
dough out of the fridge only to find out
my other son who was left at home
decided he was going to eat most of it while we were gone!!
GRRRRRRR!!!! 
I'm stressed enough as it is trying to get all
my baking done by tomorrow for hubby's work
that I don't need this right now.
Got hubby's casserole out of the freezer to thaw
for his potluck.  Got the kids clothes laid out for tomorrow
along with their lunch money.  Running in 10 different directions
at the moment.  I might work on some pudding fudge
now since we stopped at Kroger and picked
up some cooked pudding mix.



8:10pm


Pudding fudge made.  I set it outside to harden.
Hope no animals come along and try to eat it, lol.
That actually happened to me one time.
Went to check on the dessert I made within
15 minutes of putting it outside on the porch and something
ate about 1/3rd of the pan!



 Well that should be about it with baking
for potlucks, neighbors and friends.
The only thing left to do is finish off the
leftover cake pops with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
Those can wait though til another day.
I'm saving those for Christmas dinner
and want to form them in a circle to make a wreath. 


9:45pm


Just back from another maintenance call.
The lady said she smelled something upstairs.
We didn't smell anything.
So far 3 hours overtime tonight for easy stuff.
Oh well pay the price this weekend
with the rain, wind and snow.
 
Time for bed soon.
Me and the heating pad have a thing going on, lol.
Can't wait till I get to see "Hottie" again.
That is my heating pad's name, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment