Friday, December 21, 2012

12-21-12

7:25am


Good morning everyone.
I assume everyone is alive and kicking this morning, lol.
The wind sure is kicking here blowing the snow around.
Not much snow at the moment as I can still see 
grass blades.  Hubby took the truck this morning
so yeah I was out in the yucky weather this morning
starting and warming it up for him while
he got ready for work.  I didn't sleep well last night.
I forgot to take some tylenol before bed and paid
the price.  My whole body hurts especially my lower ribs.
Feels like someone gave me a big bear hug and 
crushed them.  I don't even dare cough because
I feel like I'm dying with the pain.
I got tylenol in me first thing this morning upon waking up.
Kitty Boo Boo had jumped on the bed this morning
around 6:00am meowing like, ain't you getting up,
you're late!  I had the alarm set for 6:30am
since I kept the kids home from school today.
Ain't it funny how fast kids can jump out of
bed on a day off but yet on a school morning
they are slower than molasses getting ready. 

I think today I should get some gifts wrapped
for friends and family and this weekend work
on all other gifts.  

Ok I'm off here for now hoping the tylenol kicks in really soon!


10:50am


I've been working on getting some presents wrapped.
Still so many more to do, ahhhh!
I even had a helper, lol.




2:05pm


Alrighty then, this day could start going just a little bit better.
I guess it could be worse and be the end of the world, lol.

It took me about 1-2 hours to get my computer working.
It was being stubborn today out of the blue.
I rebooted several times and finally unplugged
it and took the battery out.  That seemed to work.
It wouldn't even read my camera card.

Got a bunch of presents wrapped.
Not my favorite thing to do.


The neighbor kid came over to play.
Gave him his gifts and a cookie plate for his family.
Saves me a trip from walking it over to his house.
He took them home and came back with
three tins full of goodies and a couple
of ball caps for hubby that says Jegs.
He'll like that.


The snow keeps falling and the wind keeps blowing.
It's 32 degrees out and feel like 19 degrees wind chill.



Today there was a couple of box trucks going around
dropping off recycling cans that none of us knew
anything about.  For starters they placed empty cans
along the curbs and they are blowing over in this wind.
And second those cans had clear plastic bags
with papers on them about the recycling program.
Well those bags were full of water and the
all the papers were soaking wet!





It's started feeling a little chilly in here.
There have been a couple of problems with
our thermostat lately where I was finding it was
a couple degrees below the temperature I set it at.
I had to turn the thermostat off then turn it back
on to kind of reboot it to get the furnace to come on.
Well I don't know if it's the wind and the cold
wind chill outside or what but I noticed the
thermostat is reading 68 degrees, sometimes 67
when I have it set at 73 degrees.
I've tried turning it off and onand still don't hear the furnace kicking on.
I guess if the temp drops any furtherthen I'll turn on the oven and/or electric fireplace
to help keep it warm.  My maintenance hubby
is at work so I don't have anyone to look at it.
I've told him its done this before but the
furnace usually comes back on after turning it on and off.
He thinks we may have a faulty thermostat.
See the thermostat is showing the little gas flame
which says the furnace is on when it's not.
The battery is at full power.
I don't know.




2:45pm


The temp has dropped to 67 in here,
6 degrees below where I set it at.
Obviously we've had no heat in here today.
I now have hung a blanket up in the hallway to
block off the back part of the house
leaving warm air from the oven to enter the
kitchen, living and dining room.

I had the fireplace heater running for a few
and now have the oven on between warm
and 200 degrees to keep some heat in here.
Hubby called and said he's bringing home
a new thermostat.  And who's to say when he will
be home with all the emergency calls he's
been dealing with at work.

It's 31 degrees with an 18 degree wind chill outside
with 35 mile per hour wind gusts.
This is what it looks like outside and inside my home.
Having just a wonderful day!



3:40pm


With the oven on I got the house to warm up to 70 degrees.
For some reason that temperature triggered the furnace to
come on.  Yeah there's definitely a problem somewhere
that it has to reach a certain temp to come on
other than the temperature it's set at.
Hopefully a new thermostat will fix it
and hubby says he's going to clean the flame sensor
on the furnace.




8:35pm




Hubby got paged out.  I went with him.
On our return trip home we stopped by a friend's
house to give her some gifts and goodies
and to pick up a pork tenderloin for the New Year.
While there she also gave me a pair of Nike tennis shoes.
My cat has a shoe fetish and LOVED these tennis shoes, lol.








10:00pm

 Peek-A-Boo














No comments:

Post a Comment