Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12-4-12


7:50am


I woke up at 5:30am this morning.
About 15-20 minutes before the alarm was suppposed
to go off.  Ahhh, I'm feeling the tiredness this morning.
I didn't get to bed til sometime between 12:30am to 1:00am.
I couldn't sleep and stayed up to watch one of my shows,
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

Last night I tried to remove a sticker from
one of the plastic lunch boxes I got from the Infinity store.
That sticker must of been put on with super glue.
It wasn't budging!
This morning I aimed a hair dryer at the sticker
and was able to get all 5 stickers off within
5 minutes or so! 


While the hair dryer removed the paper sticker
there was still some sticky adhesive left behind
that could be seen and felt.
Next I sprayed cooking spray on it and let it sit
a couple minutes then wiped it clean
with some soap and water.
No more sticky stuff!



I've been eyeballing this recipe for 
cutout sugar cookies to make the tool cookies with.

I always read the reviews to their recipes
to see where I can make the recipe better
with others advice.
So here's the tweaks I'll make to it-
Add another 1/2 cup flour.
2 cups sugar plus 1 cup powdered sugar.
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
(I'm going to use 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon maple extract)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (my idea)

Use powdered sugar instead of flour when
rolling out the dough.
Refrigerate the cookie dough a couple hours
before rolling it out.

Tint with food coloring and put either in
plastic zip baggies with the corner snipped
or into plastic condiment bottles.
Or you can even paint on the icing with
craft brushes. 


8:30am


I got two kids off to school and have
two more at home thinking the living room
is a romper room.  They are only play fighting
to burn off some energy.  If this was real
you would hear hissing, growling, claws and
teeth would be causing damage and fur would be flying.
They are all tuckered out now taking a nap.






1:50pm


I took about an hour and a half nap earlier
then got up and made up some sugar cookie dough.
I've got it sitting in the fridge and will
probably bake cookies tomorrow.




Hubby's got a Christmas pot luck at work
on the 19th.  He asked me to make something for it.
I don't know what I'm making just yet for it.
I have always had a recipe called
Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole
I wanted to try.  Maybe try to brew up some more home cooking business.  Most of the guys love anything with hot sauce.
I think I'll send in the cookie boxes that day
since hubby won't be there the week of Christmas
because he will be on vacation.


3:00pm


I've been hearing LOTS of birds today.
I think they are confused with this weather.
Shouldn't they have flown South?
Even the cats have been sitting in the windows

watching them fly by.
My truck was fine this morning but you
gotta see how it looked this afternoon when
I went to get in it to go to the bus stop.
I have bombarded with TONS of bird poop.
Pisses me off because not long ago
we took the truck to a drive through car wash
and had it looking pretty.
And yes that is even bird poop all over the ground
around the truck.  AHHHHH! 
Can ya hear all those birds??!!




6:05pm


I'm hoping that some of the rain we're getting
this evening will help wash some of the bird turds off my truck!

I made a bunch of hamburgers tonight on
the George Foreman grill.
They were boxed hamburgers from Aldis.

While fixing supper I decided to go ahead
and start baking some sugar cookies.
Hey, it is National Cookie Day, lol.
I got about 16 made.  Only 14 more to go
for gifts for the maintenance guys.
Any extras we can have as snacks.
I still have to ice them though
but for now I'll just make and put the 
cookies in the freezer.
Then I plan to make peanut butter cake balls
dipped in chocolate to look like Buckeyes
to put in their plastic toolboxes also to fill it up.
Give 'em a little variety.
 















 






No comments:

Post a Comment