Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

8:40am


No school today for Columbus City Schools.


While the kids are still sleeping I got a chance
to work more on my cushions.
I zig zag stitched around the seams to give
it more durability and to keep the fabric from
unraveling.  I got one cushion completely done
with boxed corners.  Boxed corners are where
you square them off so they don't look pointed.

Before


After




9:20am


2 cushions done.
Also made breakfast of dinners
rolls cut in half topped with cheese, deli turkey slices,
eggs and mayo.

Glad to see the sun is finally shining!
It's been  about 5 or more days without the sunshine
and 3-4 days with rain.
I'll get to use the solar heater today :0)
And maybe go outside and finish spray
painting the couch.




10:10am


Got the top half of the couch finished painting.
My hands are frozen!
It's 31 degrees outside.  I know you are not supposed
to be painting when it's this cold out
but I don't have any other choice at the moment.
The rungs underneath and feet still need primered
and painted but I need help flipping the couch over
and will wait til hubby gets home from work.





Happy 12-12-12 at 12:12




Other than taking the above photo,
this is what I was doing at that time.
Three bottom couch cushions done.
A top cushion done for the chair.
And now working on boxing the corner
for the bottom cushion of the chair.




12:35pm


Chair cushion covers are done.
Even got the stripes to line up this time :0)




1:00pm


Ok I got impatient and flipped that darn couch
over and started priming the bottom area, lol.
Also had enough leftover in the spray can
to do most of the chair.



The solar heater is working today
thanks to the sunny blue skies.
It's 38 degrees out right now
and the solar heater is reading 160 degrees inside it.




2:00pm


Just finished making 24 breakfast sandwiches.
One package I'll keep in the fridge to use
the rest of the week and the other pack
is going in the freezer.







7:15pm


Just sitting here chilling.
I made soft tacos for supper with some deer burger.
I have some leftover "taco" deer burger mixture
and shredded cheese
that I might use to put with some cheese tortellinis.

I was reading about an old folklore that says if it is
sunny on December 13th that means we'll
have snow on Christmas.   
The forecast for Columbus tomorrow is sunny!
So we'll have to see if this is true for Christmas day.











8:00pm


A couple experimental cookies I made and
tested out on the family without telling
them the secret ingredient.  They gave it a thumbs up!
I'll tell you the secret ingredient but won't
tell you my recipe.  It's bacon in the cookies!
I thought about making a few of these to put
in the maintenance guys cookie boxes for hubby's work. 
Something manly, lol.





-



No comments:

Post a Comment