Friday, December 14, 2012

12-14-12

7:50am


Here's my kitchen this morning with making
cutout sugar cookies.  Want these to be done
and be able to work on something else.
Still need glazed and I have edible writing markers
to outline their shapes.
These are the tool cookies for the plastic toolboxes
I got for the maintenance guys at hubby's work.



4:15pm


I got all my tool cookies iced.
Kitchen is wiped out now, lol.
Still trying to push myself to get things done even 
though I'm still in a lot of pain.
I even got the rest of the chair spray painted.






5:00pm


Getting ready to throw some frozen pizzas in the oven.
After bit I want to run to Meijer and pick up a
ham for Christmas.  They seemed to have
the cheapest ones per pound at .77 cents per pound.
Limit 2, no additional purchase.
Now Kroger does have them for .77 cents per pound also
but it requires an additional $10 purchase and is limited to 1. 


Hubby's running late tonight.
He stopped by at a coworker's after work.
Hoping he can round me us some side work
with doing this guys laundry!!
I can use the extra money right about now!
Got about a month and a half til tax time.
Seems like I've been waiting forever.

I'm hurting all over so going to go take it easy.
Just popped a few "tylenol".
This pain thing sucks!


8:30pm


Went to Meijers and got a big ham.
Something like 18-19 pounds hoping to have lots
left over for use in many more meals.
That was a splurge.
Now all I need to get is some buns,
chips and dip.  I already have some colby cheese slices
and would you believe someone left a package of swiss cheese slices in a cart in the parking lot that must of fell out of their bag when loading their car.  My one son found that. 
Christmas dinner is pretty much finger foods.  
 Also got a couple Christmas presents while at Meijer.
Hoping to be about done with Christmas shopping
and start wrapping gifts in the near future.

We also went to Menards.
I needed some duct tape and wasn't about to
spend $6 plus on a roll from Meijers.
It was something like $3.00 and change at Menards.
I also found a large bag of marked down Halloween
peanut butter candy cups $2.19.
Why they still have Halloween candy at Christmas
is beyond me. 

I bought 3 rolls of slice and bake Pillsbury
cookie dough $1.67 on sale, regular price was over $4 
from Kroger earlier this week
to use to make cookie gift baskets for neighbors.
Peppermint sugar cookies- will frost and add
crushed candy canes to top.
Peanut butter cookies-  Was going to make peanut blossoms
with them but now will bake the dough in
mini muffin tins and add a peanut butter cup
to the centers.
Chocolate chip cookies.

I was hurting so bad tonight walking around
stores.  I had taken Walmart brand acetaminophin
a couple hours ago and it just didn't work!
I just opened a brand new bottle.
My last bottle was Kroger brand and they worked
pretty good.
I don't know if the Walmart brand was crap
but I got some more from Meijers in hopes
that it works better!

Well I'm gonna chill for the rest of the evening
and watch some Gold Rush.
  

10:00pm


Oh goodie.  Hubby just informed me that my in-laws
are stopping by next week sometime for a little Christmas
get together and gift exchange.  
The word here that bugs me is "Sometime"!
I feel like crap to put it nicely.
Imagine having the flu with body aches.
Now minus the fever and runny nose.
That's how I feel with the entire body hurting.
Hubby has the on call pager all next week.
And they are coming sometime?!
My house is a wreck and needs a good cleaning, 
I have furniture to move
in and to move out, cushions to finish,
laundry to do, meals to make, meals to plan,
cookies to bake, gifts to wrap and the list
goes on and on. 

You know what, if you're going to someone's house
for a visit for a couple hours or more,
please tell them a date and a time!!!
Don't say, sometime!
I can't stand that!
I've had my in-laws call from a couple blocks away 
before announcing they were coming over.
When you live an hour and a half away
you obviously know when and where you 
are going when you come to town that
you could call way before that as a courtesy call.
You don't know what plans people have made
or if they are even home to just stop by
out of the blue after driving that far.

The pain is talking tonight so forgive me.
I get grouchy when all I can feel is pain!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment