Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12-26-12


6:05am


I think I went to bed around 8:00pm last night
then got up at 5:30am this morning.
The cat woke me up!

I don't see much snow now but it looks
like it's about to get here anytime.
We've got a Winter snow warning
but are bordering counties that have
blizzard warnings.  They are calling for
6 to 12 inches but are saying if you live North
of 70 it could be the higher amounts of snow predicted.

I usually start to take down Christmas decorations
and the tree the day after Christmas.
Not this year.  Got to keep 'em up a little longer
with the in-laws coming tomorrow. 

6:20am


The first level 1 snow emergencies was just
issued for Perry county which is South of 70
and East of 33 and for Pike county which
is in Southern Ohio.

I was reading that in early March of 2008
we had a total of 20.4 inches of snow accumulation
on the ground during that blizzard.


7:40am


I think we have freezing rain outside as I hear it hitting the bushes.
Still see wet streets and grass.
No snow accumulations yet on the ground.


8:56am

Saw the first snow plow just now salting our street.
 It's been nothing but freezing rain here!
This is NOT snow!






9:35am


I've been watching the news and they say it's snowing.
I think they need to get out from behind their
desks and go outside to see the white stuff is ice and not snow! 
All I see is freezing rain and ice.  It's been doing this for
at least 2 hours now and it's still falling.
No snow yet. 


10:06am


Playing with the Air Hog Helicopter driving the cats nuts.




10:50am


Franklin county is now under a Level 1 Snow Emergency.

I still have yet to see any snow though.
All ice. 


12:10pm


Yeah, it finally started snowing at 11:50am.



I already started using my crocks, lol.
I'm using them to soak some beans and dehydrated potatoes in.
Planning on making some chili,
ham and bean soup and ham and potato soup
in the near future.
Let the tooting begin, lol.

I find bagged beans marked down at Kroger.
I also have a bag of lentils I have yet to put in a jar.
Keeps them fresher and more air tight that way
keeping out any bugs that are looking for a snack.




12:26pm

Snow plow is plowing our streets now.


1:40pm


Ham, ham, ham.  Yummy ham, lol.
Yesterday was ham and cheese sandwiches for 
lunch and supper.
This morning was ham, egg and cheese bagel sandwiches.
For lunch today is potato salad,
ham and velveeta cheese melted
with some ranch dressing rolled into a burrito and fried.
I call it a potato salad burrito.
You'd be amazed at what foods you come up
with when you have to only rely upon
what's in the house and not go to the store.


2:02pm


Franklin county is now under a level 2 snow emergency.



4:30pm


Went out and played in the snow looking
for roads less traveled and parking lots where  
doughnuts could be done, lol, even with a 4x4.
Here's some photos I took.
It appears it has just started snowing again at 5:25pm.

30 degrees and feels like 20 out. BRRR.
Great weather to wear a sweatshirt and shorts!  NOT!
But hey at least he's got his hiking boots on.
 PRETTY PINE TREES WITH SNOW.
 WOOPSIE!  I THINK THE TREE WON THAT BATTLE!
 OLENTANGY RIVER
 EVERY NOW AND THEN A TOW TRUCK NEEDS A LIFT!
PLOWBOY!

6:00pm


Fighting a losing battle with the snow plow that
keeps passing by putting more snow at the end of the drive way.



I could hear geese flying around tonight while
hubby was shoveling snow.
I thought they were supposed to fly South.
I've noticed a TON of robins lately.
Here are a bunch in the street that started
flying away as I got closer to them in the truck.




10:30pm


I got my sleep all screwed up.
I laid down at 7:00pm and just now got back up.
Slept 3.5 hours.










No comments:

Post a Comment