Saturday, December 22, 2012

12-22-12

6:55am


The furnace was working when we went to bed.
Hubby hadn't had a chance to change out the
thermostat yet due to being on call for work.
He must of got up around 4am and saw that the 
furnace once again quit working and the 
temperature had dropped to 68 degrees in here.
He went down to the basement to look it
over and couldn't see anything wrong.
Went to put the cover back on the furnace
and it fired up, go figure, so he went back to bed.
I got up long enough to get some tylenol
for my body pain which makes it difficult to sleep sometimes.
The alarm clock went off at 6:30am.
We wanted to get up early so we could
go to his work today and do a couple follow
up calls with a bathtub faucet leak and
a drain clog that wasn't a dire emergency
but needed attention.

So I get up and see the furnace still isn't working right.
Hubby set it at 74 at 4am because he was cold.
Now it's only reading 71 at 7:00am.
I turned the oven on to 200 degrees to put
some warm air back in here before it
starts dropping again and set a fan in the kitchen
to blow the warm air to other rooms.
 
7:25am

Yeah the furnace finally came back on.
Boo it just shut off. 
What the hell?!
Turning the oven back on, ahhh.
I just turned it off when I heard the furnace kick on.
I heard the furnace kick on, it hadn't really fired up
the heat yet as I could feel cool air blowing out the 
vent just a little and after a minute or two it shut off.
It's 29 degrees out and feels like 18 degrees with wind chill.
With the oven on the warm setting I've gotten
the temps in here to 73 with a fan sitting on the kitchen floor
blowing at low speeds into the living area.  
That's for the living, dining room and kitchen.  
As for the bedroom side of the house, BRRR!

7:45am


Hubby's up so I'm sure we'll be heading out soon
to his work.  We only have today and tomorrow
to be on call.  Then starting Monday he'll be on vacation 
and goes back to work on January 1st.
He went down and cleaned the furnace sensor
and that seemed to do the trick.


4:10pm


Sooo tired!  And might I add hurting as well
since I haven't had any tylenol since 4am.
Left the house around 8:30am to go to hubby's work
and just returned around 4pm.  It's been a busy day.  
7.5 hours of work today overtime.
I did help with a bathtub leak that involved two
garden apartments upstairs and downstairs
of one another.  First had to find the leak,
then replaced the tub drain, resealed it then
replaced the seal to the overflow valve.
After that it was pretty much sink clogs,
no heats and no hot waters with busted
water lines.  So glad to be back home.


Check it out, a Snowborghini, lol.
The poor thing looks cold.
One of the residents at hubby's work has a Lamborghini.


We did find a few goodies today from 
people moving out.  Boy that would suck
to be moving a couple days before Christmas.
Found
-tote
-plastic drawers
-small wooden cherry jewelry box
-comforter, sheet and 2 pillow cases matching set
-clorox bleach
-rainx window de icer
along with other things as my minds
a little foggy right now.


Hubby tells me today that his supervisor put him in charge of making a flag for the property. 
His boss gave him a blank real flag and wants
him to design a flag for the property that had
to do with a racing theme.  
I guess all their properties around the US are each making
a flag and they all will be sent to corporate in NC.
Not sure if this is a contest or what the deal is.
Of course what does hubby do,
well he didn't exactly say it out loud but I got the drift
that he wanted me to help or make this flag for him.
While waiting in the truck on hubby during
a few emergency calls I scribbled down a few
ideas and he showed them to the people in the
office that was working today to see what they thought.
I really don't know what they are looking
for with this flag so wanted ideas.
It's due by January 4th.
Oh yeah, all the people in the office kept
commenting on how good my casserole was
that I sent in for the Christmas party.
They said they couldn't get enough of it.
That made me feel good because I was worried
about making something I had never
made before.

We stopped in Kroger on the way home to 
grab some cheap frozen pizzas for supper.
After a day at work I don't really feel like
standing in the kitchen preparing a big meal.
I raided Kroger's mark down bin.
-3 boxes cheesy rice a roni .49 cents each
-3 boxes Barilla rotini pasta .69 cents
-6 pack applesauce cups .99 cents
-bag of Kroger brand cheetos .79 cents
-16 pack double roll Charmin toilet paper $3.99
Boo was glad to see us return home.
He ran for his favorite pair of Nike shoes
and took a nap on them, lol.
Might have to see if he'll scooch over so
I can rest my head on the other shoe and take a nap as well.





Oh, ya gotta check out my redneck pants patches, lol.
I put on a pair of jeans today that had two holes in them.
When it's cold outside those two little holes seem to let
a lot of cool air inside them!
So I took some duct tape to the insides of my jeans
to cover the holes up, lol.
Hey it worked.
Just don't cross your legs as they may stick together.
Only kidding, lol.  The stickiness on the outside wore off
and is no longer sticky.




No comments:

Post a Comment