Thursday, December 20, 2012

12-20-12

8:25am


Feels weird just to sit and chill and not do anything
at the moment after the busy days I had earlier this week.
I had to tinker with something, lol.









9:40am


Well the rain has arrived.
They say the winds will gust this afternoon.
And by later on tonight we'll start seeing snow.
Throwing some gizzards in the crock for hubby tonight
then time for an early nap.
Taking a break today from most things.


3:00pm


Got another crock out and took some leftover
deer roast with brown tomato gravy and shredded it up.
I put that in the crock along with leftover brown rice
and added a little water.  I plan to make
some enchiladas out of it.  Need to run to the store
to get cheese as I don't have any.  Thinking about
getting some velveeta type block cheese because it
seems to last longer and is probably cheaper in the long run than buying cheese slices or shredded cheese for meals. 
I'll spread the meat and rice mix onto flour
tortillas, roll them up and place in a greased
casserole dish.  Then take a can of tomato soup
and pour it over
top the enchiladas.  And lastly I'll melt some
velveeta type cheese in the microwave with
some french onion dip and pour it down the middle
of the enchiladas and bake it in the oven til warmed through.
I came up with this recipe because I 
had some leftovers in the fridge that needed used up.


Now onto my next situation.

Tomorrow as we know is supposed to be the end of the world.
It's more than likely not true as with everything
else people have tried to predict that didn't happen.
Heck they can't predict the weather half the time.
But it seems to be bringing the craziness out of
some people.  I mean look at the news stories
of shootings, stabbings, fighting and fires in schools
and neighborhoods around the world.  
Not that this isn't an everyday thing
but the pace has seemed to pick up recently.
The one boy I pick up and take to the bus stop
isn't going to school tomorrow.  His grandma wants
him to stay home and called and talked it over with me.
She asked if I was sending my kids to school.
I told her I didn't know and hadn't really gave it much thought.
She has a family member who works for
one of the local school districts that is doing the
same thing because she was hearing about
some things going on in schools recently that worried her.
So do I keep my kids home tomorrow for fear that
there might be an outbreak of violence?
Me and hubby will talk it over tonight.
I asked the kids if any of their friends would
be staying home tomorrow and they said yes.
It's a shame you have to worry about crap like this!
It sounds crazy I know.  But I'm sure
it doesn't sound too crazy to the people of Newtown, CT.
So do you take your chances?
It's only one day to keep them out of school
and it's a day away from a 2 week Winter break.
I'm sure they won't be missing out on much school work tomorrow
being right before the holiday
so I don't think it would hurt anything.


4:45pm


Hubby just called to say he's running late
because his car wouldn't start.
The battery is dead and he has it on a charger.
So supper will be late tonight and I still
need to run to Aldis to pick up a few things for it.
Gave the kids something to munch on to tide them over.
No, we still haven't gotten another battery for his car.
I do have about a $43 check from the scrap metal
place that I will use to put towards
a new battery from Walmart.
I think I priced them there for around $60.
This time of year you need a good battery with
the cold weather so you don't get stranded. 


5:30 - 7:30pm


Hubby got called out when he got home.
Tagged along with him back to work in case
he needed me to help him with something.
Just now got supper in the oven.
I managed to get two casserole dishes
full of enchiladas with the leftovers I had.
One for supper and one for the freezer.


I noticed the winds started picking up around 5:45pm.
Once we got back home at 7:30pm the winds picked up
more and had an evil sounding growl to them, lol.
Well it's time to eat and I'm hungry!
Nom, nom, nom.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment