Thursday, December 13, 2012

12-13-12

7:20am


Brrr, it is cold outside this morning.
It was 22 degrees at the bus stop.
My body hurts as it is but on cold mornings
it seems to hurt even more.


9:00am


Today is one of those days I need a slow down.
I feel so tired and my body hurts.
Got as far as working on my second piece
of striped fabric I had and had begun to take
out any hems to stretch my fabric further.  
They were a set of curtains. 
I don't have any more fabric cut out yet
to finish making the back cushions of the couch.
Just don't feel with it today.
12 days before Christmas and I still have so much
to do from finishing a couch and chair with paint and cushions,
(the two ottomans can wait),
removing the other furniture this weekend from the living room
and bringing the set in I've been working on,
baking cut out cookies, wrapping gifts,
buying a few more gifts, planning a Christmas dinner,
giving the house a thorough cleaning for Christmas company,
to everyday things like cooking, cleaning, laundry
and helping hubby & kids do things.  I just wish I had more energy.
I'll try to keep pushing myself even on
days when I feel bad.  Today I need to rest and may
head back to bed soon.  Crohn's does that to you.
At times your body hurts and you become very tired. 
I'll rest this morning and hopefully this afternoon will
work on painting the couch and chair.
I'm trying my hardest to have them done by this weekend.



1:30pm


I took a nap for about 3.5 hours and had my heating
pad on me.  I feel somewhat better, at least
a little more rested for now.


2-2:30pm


Finished painting the couch.  I may have
a few touch ups left to do on it that I missed.
Got started on the chair.
Popped a few acetaminophin.  My body
is hurting pretty darn good at the moment.
So thankful I have freezer suppers to make this week.
Tonight we're having lasagna, garlic bread and salad. 





When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but a truck that say Time Warner at my neighbors so dear!



Hubby has told me that his work gives employees
free cable service if they get Time Warner service in their area.
We never had their service in our area, only Insight and Wow
but I had heard Time Warner and
Insight was merging together.
Now that I have proof that they are in our area
it's time to see if what he says is true!



I've noticed a pattern with Crohn's and that time
of the month for women.  It'll knock you down!
And that is what I am experiencing at the moment.
I read this article below to find that 
when you have your menstrual cycle
it can cause a Crohn's flare up.
Crohn's Disease and Your Menstrual Cycle. 
Lucky me.  Feeling miserable, body is throbbing to no end,
yet I still am up and trying to move around somehow.
All I keep thinking about is cuddling up in bed
with my heating pad.



8:20pm


Found these items in a vacant apartment at hubby's work.

Digiorno pizza,
puff pastries,
morning star chicken patties,
cheese tortellinis,
tortillas,
pop ice popsicles,
glad plastic wrap,
head & shoulders shampoo.



I have been searching LOTS to find out about
the furniture set we found.  It's made by Ethan Allen.
Could not find
even a piece of furniture that resembled ours til just now.
Ok, so it's not the sofa, chair or ottomans,
it's a love seat that matches our set.
I about fell out of my chair and got woozy
after seeing how much just the love seat is going for on Ebay!
You gotta check it out!!!!
I looked this seller up on Google and they
are the largest collector and seller of Ethan Allen furniture.
Makes you wonder what our set is worth.
(about fell out of my chair!)
I love curb crawling for freebies! 
Hubby asked if I regret painting it now,
I said NOPE! 
I've seen other Ethan Allen painted wood furniture pieces
still going for a lot of money.  The wood is still there
and it's still a quality made piece.
Why live with something that looks ugly.
Make it your style!  I wanted it for it's durability
not because of how much I thought it was worth.
It was someone's trash and my treasure!


This below is for my reference from the auction link above.


 

Ethan Allen Royal Charter English Jacobean Solid Oak Upholstered Love Seat 

Item specifics

Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. 
Room: Living Room
Color: 220 Type: Loveseat
Model: 16-7462 Brand: Ethan Allen
Style: Jacobean Material: Oak
Country of Manufacture: United States
* Ethan Allen's Royal Charter Collection
1 Hard to Find Loveseat
* Item 16-7462
* 58" by 38" by 34" tall
* Page 94 of the 1980  Ethan Allen Treasury

* Handsome presentation
* Removable cushions
* Opinions vary on upholstery, some customers use as is, others replace to a fabric of their choice. The fabric is not factory original.
* Sturdy, solid and room ready.
* Cosmetically, there's the minor scratches, dings, scuffs & rubs associated with careful use. As typical, the most evidence of use is next to the floor.
* Solid Oak
* Royal Charter borrows inspiration from Jacobean plus William and Mary influences.
* The Royal Charter collection is executed in solid Oak and selected veneers.
* The solid oak grain in each piece is beautiful and unique.
* The majority of old growth oak trees are gone, which is why you do not see any furniture now that has the quality of wood and construction of Royal Charter.
* Built to last forever.
* Investment grade furniture.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment