Monday, December 10, 2012

12-10-12

6:10am


Woke up 7 minutes before the alarm was due to
go off.  Got up and went straight for the 
acetaminophin bottle.  The old body is feeling stiff
this morning.  Hubby must of got up in the night
to get a drink of water and woke me to tell me
he found the cat in the middle of the Christmas tree!
AHHHH!  Oh yeah, I see this morning where he
got into it.  The tree looks horrible.  I don't know
if the tree is salvageable after this year between
some lights not working and bent branches that
I can't get to go back in place.  The cat doesn't do this while
we are awake.  He waits til we are in bed and it's the
middle of the night to go tree climbing.
I told hubby we should
of hung baseball caps as ornaments on the tree.
The cats do not like hats at all!  Hubby has them trained
that if they are getting into trouble somewhere all
he has to do is shake his hat and they will stop 
what they are doing and take off running.
I give up with the tree between having broken bulbs
on the floor, having to rehang bulbs and
branches bent.



8:10am


Last night after going to bed
(sometimes I have a hard time going to sleep
because my mind thinks about all kinds of things, lol)
I had an idea of how to do my couch cushions.
Instead of doing each cushion in one kind of fabric
how about doing each fabric on each side.
Making them reversible!
I could have a brown couch and chair one day,
a striped couch and brown chair the next,
a striped chair and striped couch,
a couch and chair with both brown and striped fabric.
I know I have to be difficult but liked
the idea of being able to change the look
with the reversible cushions.
We'll see if I can do it first though, lol.
I don't have any fabric cut or sewn yet
or even know if there is enough fabric to do this
but this morning I pinned some fabric around
a cushion to get an idea of what it would look like.



10:15am


So I went outside and braved some of the cold
and started spray painting the couch.
The color is bisque.  This is how far one spray can went.
It was like 54 this morning going
to the bus stop.  Now the temps are falling
and it's 43 and feels like 37 degrees out.




My friend also gave me this beautiful fabric
not knowing I had already bought fabric for my couch.
So if ever I wanted to change the fabric
of the cushions I could.  I think it would
still go with the bisque color of the furniture.




Why do I take on such large projects, lol.
Well it's almost nap time.



6:20pm


Decided it was time to dust, clean and oil my
sewing machine since I have a bunch
of couch cushion covers to make.
Yeah it really needed it.  Don't remember the
last time I did it, lol.
I think I need a new presser foot.  I've had
problems with this same one for years
wanting to fall off.  



The fabric feeder before.


After, much better!



 6:30pm


Sitting down to supper of spaghetti pizza casserole.
I'm weird, I like to put Frank's Red Hot Sauce on my spaghetti. 
Don't knock it til you try it because now I've
got hubby hooked on doing it also, lol.
Man it feels good not to have to cook!
Spent my time while heating it up
tuning up my sewing machine.


7:40pm


I must be getting stressed.  When I get stressed
my body starts hurting.
I laid out the couch cushions on the fabric
to get a game plan going and are getting flustered.
I'm not cutting any fabric tonight.
Would rather do it tomorrow when no one is here
and I have much more room in the living room
to lay everything out.  I told hubby it would be so
much easier for me to just cover each cushion
in just one fabric rather than two to make
them reversible.  He is trying to root me on to
make them with two fabrics on one cushion.
I would so love to have at least the couch done
before Christmas so that any company could
see what I made.  My Christmas gift to my family.
 I think I'd rather just paint the couch than
to recover cushions, lol.  Much easier even
if it is freezing outside.  I did see snow flurries
on the security camera earlier.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment