Sunday, December 23, 2012

12-23-12

7:00am


I was soo tired yesterday I fell asleep before
7:00pm and got up at 6:45am!
I'd of probably slept longer but I got up
because the cat was jumping on the bed meowing.
I swear he can tell time!  Plus I needed
some more tylenol for my aches and pains.

 The furnace has been good with keeping it warm
in here.  It's been staying up to the temps I put it at.
It's 23 and feels like 18 degrees outside right now.


I was told last night my in-laws aren't coming
down til Christmas eve day.
They originally said they were coming sometime last week
and that's the reason I was hurrying
so much last week to get things done exhausting myself.
Ahhhhh.  

I did round up some more paint and primer that
if I have time I'll try and get an ottoman or two done
to go with the other furniture I did for the living room.
It's just so darn cold outside to be painting.
I think I'll box the corners of the fabric to be
used for the ottomans and just run elastic along
the bottom edges to put on it like you
would a sheet on your bed.
It's not like these cushions are removable
like the ones on the couch and chair.


8:25am


Running around trying to tidy up a few things
along with gathering up dirty laundry.
Threw the comforter set I found yesterday
down to the basement as well.  Just might
get that all washed and give it as a gift
to my oldest son and his girlfriend.
It has one of those plastic bags with a zipper
to put it in once it's all washed up.

My son's girlfriend asks me on Facebook,
"do you think I'll like what you got me?"
How am I supposed to know that answer?!
I've seen her all of about 3 maybe 4 times in the past year.
I don't really know her personally to know her likes or dislikes.
She's either gonna like it or lump it.
It's the thought that really counts.
I don't think I am entitled to really give her a gift
but I am that kind of person who wants to do it for people. 
Like I said I am more of a giver than a receiver!
But to come out and ask if I got them something
and then ask if I think they will like it.
Hmmmmm!
At first she asked if I got her something and I told
her I got her a couple little things.
Then she asks if I got my son, her boyfriend, any presents.
I rolled with it and told her no, lol.
She believed me!
Now why in the world would I get gifts for her,
someone who I don't even know,
and not get my own son something.
Ya hearing the twilight show music about anytime now?!


1:30pm


Just got back from doing a bunch of running around.
We originally started out heading towards
Reynoldsburg to go to Kmart early this morning.
We made it almost to the airport and the pager went off.
They guy said the power to oven went out.
When asked if he knew where the breaker panel was
he says, "what's a breaker panel".  So we knew
we had to go over to try and fix it.
Got all the way back over to the Upper Arlington area
and just got on the property when another page came
in to say, "I fixed my stove, it's working again."
AHHHHHHH!  So to make it worth our time
hubby jumped in the snow plow and salted some
of the streets.  They have some underground water leaks on the 
property that leaks into the parking lots 
and it freezes.  It wasn't really bad as the sun was coming
out starting to melt it off the streets.
But hey, they was 1 1/2 hours over time.
They automatically give you an hour drive time
to and from the property.
We stopped in a couple stores in the UA and dublin area
to get a few Christmas presents trying to stay
close to hubby's work in case the pager went off again.

Can you believe after 12 hour's sleep I am still so tired.
I know it's from all the inflammation my body is 
going through with all the pain I've been having.
Crohn's makes you VERY tired at times where
you could sleep days on end.

Well time to gets some down home grub in our bellies.
Got some mashed taters, gravy, ham pieces
and biscuits calling my name. 


3:00pm


I got both ottomans primered and painted.
now awaiting for them to both dry.
Fingers are kinda numb from pressing the spray cans!





If you're making a veggie and dip tray like
I am for Christmas dinner you may want
to check out Aldis like I plan on doing
to make it for cheap.








4:00 - 5:30pm




Had to go out on yet another call.
Someone's shower wasn't working.




6:15 - 7:00pm




Even though the paint was still tacky on the
ottoman I still went ahead and brought it
indoors and got the cover made.
I even managed to get the stripes to line up on it
also with the stripes on the two chair cushions :0)
I stretched and sewed some elastic around the bottom
edges of the cushion cover so that it would
tuck up under the ottoman to help keep it on.

Before elastic.



After.






How I feel after all this cooking, baking, wrapping,
shopping, sewing, painting and cleaning for Christmas.....




9:20pm


Hubby tells me to go through and sort out
the kids presents so he can start wrapping them this evening.
I go in our bedroom and get them all out and
organize them according to who gets what.
Gifts all over our room, on the floor and bed!
It's 9:20pm, I'm really tired and ready to keel over any moment,
and want to go to bed.  He has yet to wrap any of them
and has ended up in front of the tv in the living room
playing drag racing on the playstation!
AHHHHHH!
Kicking his butt!
Now I gotta go in and find the bed underneath
all the gifts, wrapping paper, tape, scissors, bags,
you name it. 
I'm tired, I'm going to bed!  
Wrapping will have to wait til tomorrow.
At least he will be off the emergency call then from work
and will officially be on vacation.
LOL.





No comments:

Post a Comment