Sunday, December 9, 2012

12-9-12

11:00am


I found some sticker letters and put them
on the plastic "toolboxes" I'm making
for the maintenance guys at hubby's work.
I thought I would personalize them.



Yesterday I found some marked down
packages of center cut pork chops at Kroger.
Each package weighs 1.5 to 2 pounds.
It's hard to find affordable meat anymore.
Couldn't tell you the last time we had porkchops.
These packages at normal price (not sale price)
ranged from around $7 to almost $9 each!
I paid less than half price for each one!
Stocked up on a few because we're going
to be having pork chops, potatoes and sauerkraut 
for New Year's Day.  I'm always thinking ahead.






I realized that if we get rid of our one sofa
I won't have anywhere to store our movies.
Right now all the movies are in drawers underneath the sofa.
I won't be able to use those drawers with the other couch.
I found this small bookshelf in my basement
that would work very well in the living room
because it's also blue.  I found this blue bookshelf
at hubby's work.  I got a tension curtain rod
that I could use to make a curtain to cover 
the movies or what not on the shelf.


Top cushion fabric colors.



2:00pm


Been working on tidying up the house
and getting the laundry finished.
My back ain't felt too swift after bringing
the bookshelf upstairs.  I did get the drawers under
the couch emptied out and gone through and
put everything on the bookshelf that was in them.
I was going to work on painting the other couch
today but it's raining.
Me and hubby did get the water heater blanket
($1.00 for a new in package one at a yard sale)
on today and got the furnace filter changed. 
You can find cheap accordian style filters
at menards for less than two bucks.




For supper we're having deer roast, potatoes,
gravy and carrots.  It's nice to have everything already made
up and not have to be in the kitchen day after day
prepping for supper.  It allows me extra time to work
on Christmas things like baking cookies
or wrapping gifts and doing housework.


4:25pm


Just got done making the 
Loaded Potato Buffalo Chicken Casserole.
I fried my potatoes with a little ranch dressing.
Put them in a casserole dish and topped with 
cut up chicken from chicken leg quarters
mixed with Frank's Red Hot Sauce and Buffalo sauce.
I then sprinkled 2 cups of colby and montery jack
cheese on top, sprinkled with a package of real
bacon bits and chopped up green onions.
 There was a little extra to make a couple
of servings for us.

Potatoes on bottom topped with chicken.


Cheese, bacon & green onions on top.




6:00pm


Supper's on!




I'm not hungry at the moment so will just
keep on cooking, lol.
I made up some extra potatoes so I could
fry them up to add to the loaded potato buffalo chicken 
casserole I will make for us for another freezer meal.

Got hubby a couple work lunches made for this week.
I made the chili cornbread casserole last night.
I had leftovers which went towards
two work lunches for hubby.  One for tomorrow
and one for the freezer.  Here soon
I'll dish up some of the leftovers from tonight
for another work lunch.  The rest of the leftovers
will go towards a pot roast hash for another meal.

Tomorrow I might work on making some
ham, egg and cheese roll sandwiches for breakfasts.
I took a bunch of rolls out of the freezer to thaw.
I bought like 96 rolls, lol.  They were 
a quarter a package after Thanksgiving.

Gonna take a break soon and run to Kroger
to get some pop for the week.
I need my caffeine to keep going, lol.


6:20pm


Got the loaded potato chicken buffalo casserole made
for us.  I did ours a little different.
Instead of layering the meat and potatoes I mixed
them together and I didn't add as much buffalo sauce.
Once in the casserole dish I mixed up a can of
cream of chicken soup with a 3/4ths can of milk
and poured it over top the chicken and potatoes.
I topped it pretty much the same except
I left the green onions off the one side for the kids.


 
7:30pm


Just back from Kroger.
Got some pop and milk.
They didn't have my kind of pop I liked :0(
Why is it this Kroger here by our house
seems to take forever to stock their shelves??!! 

I also picked up a couple more rolls of 
pillsbury sugar cookie dough for $1.67
to help me some with Christmas baking.
And I also got a package of smoked sausage.
I want to make a couple stir fry freezer meals.
Gosh I wish my brain would shut down
with wanting to do cooking and baking, lol.
We pretty much depleted a lot of stockpiled foods
and any freezer meals when we were so broke
we couldn't pay attention.  Now I'm trying to replenish
the freezer foods because I worry about having
a Crohn's flare up that would put me down
and out and not to be able to do things.
I don't want my family to rely on mac & cheese,
bologna, hot dogs, ramen noodles or even fast foods when
they could have a good, nutritious, home cooked meal
that just needs warmed up.  I think they would
be capable of doing that much, lol. 


Well I just got done washing up all my pots,

pans and crock pots and got the kitchen tidied up.
Also got the kids lunch money counted out
and done up for the week.  We put all our spare
change into a big water cooler jug.  That change
is what pays for the kids school lunches each week.
Now I have to hang up the clothes that were
laundered this weekend.  I got them all hung up
they just need brought up out of the basement and
put away.  To make my life easier each morning
I have been putting matched outfits on one hanger,
example a shirt, jeans and undies.  Takes up less closet space too!


8:50pm


My bodies wearing down but I still feel like I should
be doing something!  Ahhh what is wrong with me?
 Ok got one kid to go take his shower
now working on the next.  They could go play out
in the rain or swimming pools but when it comes
to showers you would think they would melt
by all the complaining they do, lol.
For their pajamas I give them sweat pants
and a sweat shirt.  It warm and comfy.

I think I'm gonna go pass out now.
 Nighty, night.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment