Saturday, December 8, 2012

12-8-12

10:25am


Ahhh, it felt good to sleep in til 9:00am this morning.
I've been getting up between 5:30 and 5:45am everyday.
A couple hours extra sleep should do me good.

I just put a deer roast in the crock for supper today.
Mom went and got the deer meat from my brother
on Thursday.  He got two deers the first day of shotgun season.

I added a packet of brown gravy, 2 cups water,
a packet of onion soup mix and
2 cans of tomato soup.
Anything tomato mixed with deer meat
helps to remove the game taste.
Later on I'll boil up some potatoes and carrots to go with it.
I like to make those separate because the crock
sometimes doesn't get them cooked all the way.



 So much to do around here that I wish I had
the energy (and less body pains) to do it.


11:20am


Busy, busy, busy!

I got about 8 pounds of potatoes cut up
and in a pot boiling.  Some of these will
go towards making 2 Loaded Potato Buffalo Chicken Casseroles.
The rest will go towards a couple meals
with pot roast, potatoes, carrots & gravy.



While those are boiling I made everyone
some egg, cheese and mayo sandwiches.


After breakfast I got started on making
a couple of Spaghetti Pizza Casseroles.


 And I got 9 chicken leg quarters going
in the second crock pot.




So like I said I've been a busy little camper.
Here is what 6 meals looks like going all at once!
And what you can't see is a couple bags
of frozen cheese tortellini bags off to the side
wondering what to do with those, lol. 
In 2 hours and 20 minutes of being up 
I have been going full force.  
I also got a load of laundry going in the washer.
I'm gonna pay the price by this evening.


This should give the house enough humidity
to keep it warm in here for awhile, lol.

Some days I just don't feel like standing in the kitchen
making supper because of body pain.  
It's so nice to go to the freezer
and pull out an already made meal and pop
it in the oven to warm up.


1:00pm


I got two spaghetti pizza casseroles done
and cooling before putting in the freezer.
 And I got 3 pounds of carrots cut up
and boiling in a pot of water
to go with the deer roast.



I was even thinking about making some chili, lol.
I bought a can of kidney beans for .50 cents
and a box of corn muffin mix for .30 cents
at the thrift store.  I have some ground turkey
I can put in it along with a partial pouch of chili mix.
I have one more casserole dish before resorting
to using aluminum ones.
I'll put the chili in the bottom of the dish
and then top it with the corn bread mixed up.

Ok I gotta go put the washer clothes in the
dryer and put more clothes in the washer.
Never ending!

Hubby wants to go to Family Dollar sometime today
and pick up a few more strands of Christmas
lights to go along our fence.
And he wants to get some spray paint
for use on the couch, chair and ottomans
I've been working on.
We're in a debate right now as to what color 
to make the furniture.  Two of us wants black
and the other two wants white.
I vote white because it's a lighter color
for a small room.  Plus we have a lot of white trim
and some white doors.  
I don't know, we'll see how it goes.


2:00pm


Frying up some meat for the chili.
Got the cornbread mixed up and ready to go.
I added a little more yellow cornmeal
and milk to the mix to stretch it out further.
 I'm wearing out.
Then I got a pan of hot dogs on the stove
boiling and some french fries going in the oven
for lunch.
Let me tell ya the house is plenty warm today
with all the cooking I'm doing.
I turned the heat down to 69 when I got up
and it's been 74 degrees in here since I started cooking.




2:20pm


Chili and cornbread done and ready
to go into the oven to bake the cornbread
before freezing it.
Even have an extra helping without cornbread 
for a work lunch.



MAIL CALL


Woo hoo, I got another free razor today.





7:30pm




Just got back.  Went to Family Dollar for a few
more strands of lights.  
Also stopped in the thrift store on the NW side.  
I got hubby a leaf blower for Christmas for $14.
and I got my one son a couple more fleece sweaters
to wear now, not as a gift.

My other son had Beyblades on his Christmas list
and I haven't been able to bring myself to pay
$10 to $12 for ONE of them!
We've been pricing them to know how much they cost.
What the heck are these overpriced toys anyway!! 

Well guess what the thrift store had?


For starters I found the arena thing online
used and new for anywhere from $30 to $50!!
Included with the arena was 4 beyblades
with rip cord launchers
worth about $10-$12 each!!  ($40 to $48 for 4)
The blue super rip cord launcher
goes for $10-$11 alone on Ebay!!
So we're looking at a value of $80 to $108!!
This set I got was only $6.96 for EVERYTHING!!
WOO HOO! 
I LOVE THRIFT STORES!!


I was also able to find some fabric to recover the couch in.
I went with light blue, cream and dark brown colored fabrics.
And we solved the debut of the color of the wood
on the couch.  Not white or black.  Cream!
Blue striped fabric $9.98
( a set of curtains)
and dark brown fabric $2.99
Both fabrics are of a heavier weight.

I'll have a lot of sewing to do.
There are a total of 10 cushions
and that includes the two ottomans.
This ought to be fun.
Tomorrow I'll work on getting the rest of 
the couch primered and then painted in the cream.




 
 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment