Sunday, December 2, 2012

12-2-12

9:55am


I survived the night with the sleepover, lol.
Got up and made a dozen 
ham, egg & cheese roll sandwiches for everyone.
Now if only the generic tylenol would kick in to take the pain away.
At least my laundry is almost done.
I started it Friday doing it little by little
and only have a load left to do, thank goodness!


11:30am



Just made two biscuits, sausage and gravy casseroles.
I fried up potatoes and sausage in a skillet
and added a half packet of onion soup mix.
Once fried I added 3 eggs to help bind it together.

I sprayed 2 small casserole dishes with cooking spray
then added 8 biscuits into the bottoms of each of them.
I spooned the potatoes & sausage mix
between the two dishes on top of the biscuits
and sprinkled with a little mozarella cheese.
It was leftover so was all I had.
I then made up a couple packets of 
sausage flavored country gravy and poured it
over top of everything.

One will be used for a supper or lunch
and the other we'll have for breakfast 
one morning this week.


3:10pm


I'm tired, lol.
We went out and did a few errands
and stopped at a few stores.
I was hoping Dollar Tree had the aluminum loaf tins
I need.  They have them but they don't come with
the plastic tops :0(  Plus I was hoping they had
plastic condiment bottles like for ketchup and mustard.
I would like to have some of those to put icing
in to do cut out cookies.  I didn't see any :0(
So on our trip home from the Upper Arlington area
my son says, turn around I saw a couch on the side
of the road.  I have been looking to replace my crappy
living room furniture with some wood furniture.
Sounds weird I know.  I want something that's not
made of pressed board or made in China that's not
going to fall apart.  Something made from 100%
solid wood that will last us awhile.
When we got our couch new the boards underneath
broke within the first month of sitting on it!
I had a warranty on it and a guy came out, 
ripped off the fabric underneath the couch
and put a wooden brace on the board that broke.
You pay good money for new stuff, this was our first new
couch in 13.5 years, and this was what our
warranty covered.  I won't do that again anytime soon.
So I've had it in my head to go with an old fashioned wooden
couch if we could find one.  We saw one at
a thrift store for $12 for a couch.
The problem was that I could not even lift
one end of it it was VERY VERY heavy.
So anyways I turned the truck around and 
followed my son's directions
back to where he saw this wooden couch.
Come to find out it just wasn't the couch
but a chair and two foot stools as well!
I'm gonna guess it's maybe from the 70's???
If it's lasted this long then that's what I need!
I can remove and wash up the cushion covers
or someday when I really energetic can recover them.
I can clean the wood or even paint it a black or white.
I so love my truck.I fit this entire set inside it and still had room
for other things picked up from stores.
I know these pieces of furniture don't look like
much now but I'll get the creative juices flowing
to figure out how to jazz them up to modernize them some.




4:10pm


I just had to go back outside and tinker
with the furniture set some, lol.
What I love about this set is you can
put it so many ways.





I like this fabric and paint.While some people see things as trash, I see them as treasures!



5:15pm


I was checking the security cameras and
it looked like it was raining/misting out.  I go outside to see.
It was the steam from the dryer vent, lol.
Come to find out a neighborhood big, black, stray cat was hunkering down near where the dryer vent was and took off
running like a bat out of hell.  Scared the crap outta me.
I thought it was a coon or rat, LMAO! 
I've never seen rats here but ya just never know
when they might want to move into the area.
We had a mouse one time about 4.5 years ago.
The cat took care of that, lol.
Wanted to bring me a present, ahhhh!

8:00pm

Turned the thermostat down to 70 degrees when I
got up this morning about 8:30.
The temp inside the house has not dropped below 72 today.
I'm loving all these half days of not having to use any gas heat. 
Almost 12 hours today without running the furnace.  
Will probably keep it this way during the night as well
because it's not supposed to get much cooler out.



 

 
 
 







 




No comments:

Post a Comment