Friday, May 31, 2013

5-31-13

6:30am


Well so much for sleeping in an extra hour the first
day the kids are out of school.
The power going out around 6:00am woke me up.
It came back on shortly after but I couldn't
go back to sleep when the clocks were all goofed up.


12:00pm


Went to a church sale and a couple of garage sales this morning.

1 rose scented candle $1.50
1 christmas tree scented candle .50 cents

My youngest son picked out three t-shirts
and 2 pairs of shorts. $1.25-$1.50 each.

I found three rolls of beadboard wallpaper
identical to the wallpaper I already had 
for $1.00 each!

An over the bed mosquito netting $1.00.
I plan to either use it over my hammock
or in the garden to cover veggie plants if need be
to keep pests out.



Stuffed tree frog for diaper cake .25 cents.
a set of training wheels $1.00.
I know, what do I want with a set of training wheels?
I would like to mount them on each bottom side
of my solar heater box so I can move it around.
Especially if I use it for a solar dehydrator.



And lastly my son spotted a 20 inch bicycle in
someone's trash in yuppyville.
I even turned the truck around to go back
to it because I didn't see it but my son did.
Some days I have better luck at curb crawling
on trash day than I do at yard sales, lol,
in the higher end neighborhoods!

To make sure it wasn't a bicycle put in an oddball
spot by a child I noticed the bike was sitting
between the recycling bin and trash can 
along with wood and other trash out at the curb.
So to me that said trash and we put it in the back of the truck.
It's a VERY nice bike, practically new and
shows hardly any wear.  No rust, no scrapes
and even has the little nubbies on the tread of the tires!



Stopped by Kroger on the way home
and got groceries for the next week.
Found some marked down bakery bagels for .99 cents
and a couple packs of beef cube steaks
for $2-$2.50 for 2 in a pack.

Got McDonalds for lunch and brought home.
Now I'm ready to lay down and rest for a few.
My head feels stopped up with pressure
and I have drainage down the back of my
throat causing me to cough.
I'm sure it's allergies.  They say the pollen count
is much higher this year than last year
and possibly will be the worst year ever!


---

No comments:

Post a Comment