Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5-14-13

1:00pm


I laid down for about an hour this morning
til the hammering started.  They worked
on setting up the frames for the ramps
and sidewalks this morning.
Mom called and asked if I wanted to go to
Walmart with her so I did.
I did find a couple deals surprisingly there.
I got a 10 pound bag of chicken leg quarters for $5.90.
That's .59 cents a pound!
And I found Oscar Mayer bacon hot dogs
with $1.00 coupons attached to the packages.
The hot dogs were $1.50 minus the $1.00 coupon
which made them .50 cents each.
I bought the 6 remaining packages left on the shelf.


I finally turned the heat off.  I've had it on for the past
two days now.  Today is supposed to be 74 and tomorrow 85.
I'm hoping that's a good sign of no more
frost warnings.  


2:00pm


I had to call our insurance company concerning
hubby's recent visit to an eye doctor to get
an eye exam because the insurance statement to 
me wasn't making any sense when it talked about
deductibles and stuff like that and it didn't
seem like they paid much toward our claim.
We have vision insurance and it appears that
this eye exam claim got submitted through
our medical part of the insurance
because the eye doctor submitted it as a medical condition
We visited them for a routine eye exam 
to see if hubby needed new glasses.
My head's hurting.
Now I have to contact the eye doctor to 
see if they will resubmit the claim
as a routine eye exam and not a medical condition, ugghh!

Ya know what pisses me off the most?
Is when I take care of all of our bills
and make the phone calls when there is a problem
and I get told I don't have authorization,
even being the wife, of accessing this information
or asking questions about billing!!!
I got told today I wasn't authorized to
ask questions about our health insurance
but the lady was nice enough even after stating
this to me to answer my question I did have.
I just don't get it.
My name is on the damn insurance.
So if I call about my own medical bills I don't
have authorization to get some answers about them?!

One time I called our mortgage company.
All I wanted to know was if I should write
two different checks, one for the house payment
and one for an escrow payment.
They totally refused to answer that question
saying I wasn't authorized on the account.
SMH!

Ya know if something happened to my hubby
I bet they wouldn't hesitate to contact me
to get paid!!


3:00pm


Ok so I call the eye doctor.
At first I thought I wasn't going to get anywhere with
them because I got told, "that's how we submit claims".
Uh no, you need to submit it as a routine eye exam
to our vision part of our insurance
and not as a medical condition through
our medical part of our insurance.
My head is hurting.
She ended up saying they would 
resubmit it.  I hope so before I have
to pay this $170 bill!!


Got a notice today in our mailbox from
the City of Columbus and Kokosing Construction.
From what I understand they WILL be
resurfacing our street about a week from now
depending upon weather.


4:10pm


Well I just entered an ice cream contest.
Pure Michigan and Hudsonville Ice Cream
I entered the name GREASE MONKEY.
To me Michigan is known for it's automotive industry
and of course it has Michigan International Speedway.
Those are where I got the idea for the name.
Banana flavored ice cream, peanut butter chunks
and a swirl of chocolate fudge (grease, lol).






No comments:

Post a Comment