Tuesday, May 21, 2013

5-21-13

8:30-9:30am


The garden is all planted and done, yeahhhh!
Got the last of the buckets/flower boxes
drilled, wicks cut and inserted and dirt
and plants or seeds added.

As I was sitting in the backyard doing the last of
the planting, the birds and squirrels didn't
seem to mind my presence as they still 
came by for a drink of water or food from the feeders.
One squirrel even got close enough to me that
I could have reached down from the bucket
I was sitting on and touched him.
He made me a little nervous being that close, lol.

Finch in the birdbath.



I put pieces of bread (heels) in the suet holder
for the birds.  I still have to make some sugar water
and hang up the hummingbird feeder.
Then I'll have 2 bird feeders, a suet feeder,
2 birdbaths, 1 squirrel feeder and a hummingbird feeder.
If you give these little critters their own area
with food and water then they might stay out of your garden.



3:00pm


They started putting in soil around
the sidewalks and curbs where they dug them out.
Once they do ours I'm thinking
about going out and putting in some
marigold seeds on the corner.




4:45pm


Supper tonight will be fried up breaded chicken
nuggets with a sweet and sour sauce
and stir fry vegetables over rice.

I also have a large crock pot going with
a bunch of chicken leg quarters in it
with a box of chicken broth.
Tomorrow I want to make 
homemade chicken and noodles.


8:15pm


Three squirrels winding down for the night.
They have a nest in that hole in the tree.
This across the street from our home.
There's at least 6 squirrels or more that live
in those trees across the street.








No comments:

Post a Comment