Sunday, May 19, 2013

5-19-13

1:15pm


Went over to hubby's work.  He said there was a few move
outs this weekend.  Stopped by the bulk area where
residents are to put larger items like furniture in to
dispose of.  I saw what looked like a queen sized sleigh
bed and went in to check it out further.
There was some heavy particle boards sitting 
on top of it so I removed them and placed
them on a couch sitting behind me.
As I turned around to check out the bed
those boards came crashing down
on the back of my calf and ankles.
Things that make you say
 #(*%{?@(&^!#&^!!!!!!





3:10pm


I took the potatoes I had in the water cups
and cut each one in half giving at least each
piece a sprout or two from the potato.
I don't have any more potting soil at the moment
and need to go to Menards in the near future
to get more supplies.
For now I put leaf mulch on the bottom of the
potato tower and sprayed water thoroughly
over and under it all.
Next I placed 9 potato halves evenly spaced
on top of the leaf mulch and covered with
another layer of leaf mulch and watered once again.






I'm trying to do the potato tower as cheaply as
possible so will use leaves from last year,
shredded newspaper, and maybe some leftover
potting soil with added peat moss in it
to fill the tower over time as the potatoes grow.


7:00pm


Went to Menards and got a couple more
bags of compost manure and topsoil
along with a bag of wood mulch.
Don't have the energy to work anymore on 
the garden this weekend but at least I have
the rest of the supplies needed to finish up.
I am working on supper at the moment
and doing laundry.
My legs are hurting pretty good.
I put neosporin with pain reliever cream
on my injuries and let me say there was
no relief from the pain, it only made it worse!







No comments:

Post a Comment