Wednesday, May 22, 2013

5-22-13

8:20am


Gathering around the water cooler.

Blackbird to squirrel:  "Hey, you gonna eat all that?"

Decisions, Decisions!
A piece of bread or a leftover piece of apple pie???

Smells like food.


Hoping to get a few blueberry plants.
The groundsmen at work were asking
the guys if they wanted any because their blueberry
plants are growing like crazy and they now have too many.


2:05pm


Here we go again.
Hubby's being sent home from work because
he has overtime.  This sucks.

Anyways I was checking out my garden.
Wanted to show you a few things I found
since yesterday.
Radishes and cucumbers have started coming up!
There was absolutlely nothing yesterday but dirt and I got
a surprise today of all their little sprouts popping up.
They were planted 5-18, 4 days after planting.

Yesterday


Today




Wild animals keep getting closer and closer to me
in the garden!
Was changing the water in the birdbaths
when this little fellow stopped by
for a piece of pie.  He couldn't have been
but a couple of feet from me!





7:00pm


This evening I started working on my
water storage container to use on the
self watering gutter garden.
I drilled a hole near the bottom of a trash can
about 1/4 inch wide then inserted a rubber grommet
with some silicone around the edges
whether it needed it or not.
I didn't want it to leak.
Next I inserted a 1/4 inch tube through
the hole and siliconed it all in place
so there was no leaks.


Inside trash can.


I'm gonna let this sit overnight
and tomorrow if the weather permits
I will add the float valve to the gutters
and attach the tubing from the trash can to it.
Then lastly will fill the trash can with water.
Might go put it out in the yard tonight
to catch some rain water since it
looks like we might get some overnight.
When the water level of the gutters in the
garden start to go down the float valve
will open and allow water to flow into
the gutter to a certain level.
This is why it is self watering.
I won't have to go out to the garden
and add water to those gutters myself.
You can always attach a garden hose from the house
to the float valve but ours leaks so don't
think that would be a good idea
to save water.

Once I get it all put together you'll
get a better understanding of how it works.


8:25pm


My leg is starting to heal.
Turning some yucky colors in the process.









No comments:

Post a Comment