Thursday, May 16, 2013

5-16-13

8:00-9:00am


Concrete was poured to make new sidewalk ramps.



Once this road and sidewalks ramps are all said and done
I would like to plant a small flower garden
in the little area between the ramps.
If you look at the photo above
and across the street from our corner you will
see the little square patch of dirt area in the sidewalk
I'm talking about.  Or look where the one guy is sitting
on our corner with his bucket.


Got two crock pots going.
One has a package of chicken gizzards with
a can of cream of chicken soup.
The other crock pot has a pound of ground
maple sausage with a little water.

And then we have a large pot of cut up potatoes
on the stove boiling.

For supper I plan on making 
sausage gravy with fried mashed potato patties,
fried eggs and toast or biscuits if I have any.


4:00pm


I'm working on supper now.
Earlier I mashed up the potatoes that I boiled,
drained and then sat in the fridge to cool.
I took 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes,
dredged them in flour, flattened and shaped
like you would hamburger patties,
and then fried them in a skillet with some
melted butter.  I did butter because there
was none in the potatoes when I mashed them.
Salt and pepper the tops.

Next I crumbled up the sausage in the crock pot
and added 2 cups water and 2 packets of
sausage flavored country gravy mixes
and turned from low to high setting.

Lastly I am working on getting some
eggs fried up.

To keep everything warm and at the same temperature
I put the fried eggs and potato patties on a baking sheet.
When I go to bake the canned biscuits I will
also place this other baking sheet in there
with them to keep them warm.




Did  you know that you can save eggshells
and put potting soil inside and plant your 
vegetable seeds?

You could also wash and grind them up to add to soil.
This adds calcium to your soil.

Or crush up eggshells and place them
around your plants to keep slugs away.
They don't like to go over things with sharp
and jagged edges and it would tear their bodies up.




5:00pm


Time to eat.  Of course hubby just called
and said he had to work late.


And if you are like me you gotta
pour on the hot sauce, lol.




---

No comments:

Post a Comment