Monday, May 6, 2013

5-6-13

7:25am


Got the crock pots going this morning.

In the one pot is the chicken broth I made last week.
I added in some sliced sausage, a couple cans of
potato soup, a can of petite diced tomatoes.
celery and onions.  There is some barely
cooking in a pot on the stove.  Once done I'll
add in the barely and some leftover taco seasoned chicken
to make my version of Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. 

In the second crock pot is a couple packages of
boneless pork ribs with a bottle of
bourban and brown sugar bbq sauce.

Other meals this week will include-
-sausage biscuits and gravy,
-spaghetti with toasted garlic sweet italian bread,
-buffalo ranch chicken mac with crushed potato chips on top
with a side of bread and butter, 
-pork chops with french fries and a salad.
Plus I have two dessert cakes to make today.
I decided to hold of on making the cakes til today
due to a busy weekend.

Plus I have some laundry to finish up and put away
and between rain showers that are expected this week,
I hope to get the gutter garden done sometime soon.


8:50am


Got the gumbo soup done.
I ended up with three large butter bowls
and a cool whip bowl full,
about 3.5 meals worth.
Some will be going into the freezer.



I dumped a bag of potatoes that I dehydrated
about a year ago into a pot of water to rehydrate them.
I am now boiling them and then will drain them
will let them cool in the fridge so I
can fry them up to have with the bbq pork tonight.


If you find potatoes at a good sale price
stock up and dehydrate them.
When dehydrated and stored properly
they can last 5-10 years!!




No comments:

Post a Comment