Thursday, May 2, 2013

5-2-13

9:00am


Got a chicken going in the crock pot.
Can't say I've made a whole chicken in the crock before
and I couldn't tell ya when the last time
I purchased a whole chicken  was!

In the bottom of the crock I added
a cut up onion, potatoes and celery
with a smidgen of water then placed
the washed & dried chicken on top
and rubbed in some taco seasoning all over the skin.


The remaining bottom of the celery I used
I put into a small bowl of water.



Being the second of the month I did up all the bills
this morning also.  
So tired and don't know why.
Eyes are a burning. (no it's not from cutting onions either)
Going to lay down and take a nap soon
then get up and run around like a mad woman
tidying up the house.  My brother-in-law
is coming over this evening.


5:00pm


Supper time.
Chicken looks and smells good!



I took a slotted spoon and spooned out
the potatoes and onions.
Then I added more water to the chicken drippings in the crock,
some cut up stalks of celery and another cut onion.
I am making a chicken broth out of it
for a soup, maybe a Sausage Gumbo.  
I'll let it cook for several hours
then let it cool and put it in the fridge.
Then tomorrow I will remove all the fat
that has hardened and come to the top.





8:55pm


Went to Walmart, Lowes and the 99 cents store.
My back is broke and I'm in pain.
Funny thing was I wasn't in any pain
before we left so what the heck gives?!
I've got yard sales to go to tomorrow
I can't be having this now!

So we're in Lowes.  I stop and ask am employee
where I might find a rubber grommet.
Why did I bother.  They didn't know
what the hell one was and I had to find it on my own.
I hate going to stores anymore and having to
deal with people.  Was in Kroger last night
and had asked the cashier if the bagger could
double bag the pop (2 liters).
She then asks, "do you want all the pop double bagged?"
Seriously??!!  I'm thinking to myself, 
No, only double bag half of them
I like to play Russian Roulette with 2 liter bottles to see
 which bag will tear open and drop a
bottle on my foot.
I put all pop and heavier items on the conveyer belt first
and then put my bread and eggs up last so they
wouldn't get crushed.
The cashier rings up all my other items like
the pop and then sees the bread and eggs
and asks if they are mine also.
There was absolutely no one else behind me
in line!!  I wanted to say, "nope, they belong to
the invisible man behind me, here's your sign!"
As we were loading groceries into our car
we noticed that only half of the pop bags
got double bagged.
Why, why, why???
Why would you only double bag half of them
when I asked for them all to be double bagged.
Even made a comment to the cashier
that the plastic bags seem to be thinner
and they don't hold heavy items without breaking
that's why I wanted the pop double bagged.

Oh, and should I mention the lady we saw in
Kroger also.  Hubby had to point her out to me.
I was thinking she had mistaken Kroger
for Walmart because that's all I could envision
in my head at the time of seeing her
was all those Walmart photos they have online.
This lady had a very large rear with skin tight hip 
hugging jeans and a large muffin top going on.
She was pushing a little kid around
in her cart. (poor child, lol).  Anyways
protruding up her backside from the top of these hip jeans
was a pair of bright pink lacy underwear,
might of been thongs as I didn't stare too long.
You had to of been there to see it.
It was not a pretty sight!
And to think that poor child has a mom that
goes around dressed like that with her
undies hanging out.
I would rather see sagging pants and boxers
before seeing something like that again!






No comments:

Post a Comment