Sunday, May 12, 2013

5-12-13

5:35pm


Don't know what it is about weekends now
but I can't seem to sleep in.
No alarm clock set and my eyes still popped
open at 6:30am.

Hubby got up about an hour or so later
and cleaned up the kitchen and did all the dishes!
Then made the kids breakfast.  (I didn't want anything)
I made a list during that time of all
the places I needed to go today.
Big Lots- needed AA batteries.
Found a packet of sweet banana pepper seeds there
along with another pack of cucumber seeds.
I got the wrong kind the other day.
I wanted the pickling kind.
While there I got a few groceries that I thought
were cheaper than what Kroger sells them for
like canned creamed soups: chicken and 
broccoli & cheese (.50 cents),
stove top ($1.00), macaroni wheels ($1.00),
instant potatoes ($1.00), bbq sauce (.40 cents),
Velveeta scalloped potatoes with bacon ($1.30),
Suddenly salad ($1.00).
Oh and we also found small cans of freon for $6.50.
That is cheap for freon.  It's normally priced
elsewhere for about $15 for a small can!

From Big Lots we headed to Menards.
I got 3 bags compost manure .75 cu ft. $1.38 each.
3 bags top soil .75 cu ft. .99 cents each
1 bag peat moss 2 cu ft. $5.99
1 bag perlite 8 quarts $3.44
20 pound bag bird food $5.99.
Hubby insisted that I get 2 rose bushes
for Mother's Day also since my other ones
were duds.  One is yellow and one is a red.
I don't know the exact names of them
because they are still in the truck.

From there we stopped by Kroger to pick
up just a few things then headed over to the thrift store.
My son found a pair of shoes he liked.
They were $8.99 but the cashier rang them up for $2.92.
He is soooo picky about shoes so was
amazed he even found  a pair that he liked and that fit.

I bought 4 little stuffed animals for .$1.00 each.
All made by Ganz.
Hippo, Lion, Tiger & Bear.


I've got an order for another diaper cake.
The theme is jungle so I think I've decided to make
the diaper cake look like a carousel with
jungle animals on the sides with a carousel topper
on top the cake.   I have til August to make it
so right now I'm just coming up with ideas for it
and finding decorations to make it.

Hubby got paged out on emergency calls.
We spent three hours at his work.
Me and my one son did a little DDn.
We found 4 boxes of name brand clothes
like Hollister, Abercrombie, Victoria Secret, etc.
And found a cool looking cat littler box.



6:00pm

Hubby fixed supper tonight of 
hamburgers and steak fries.
It's so nice to not have to cook!

Even though it's Mother's Day I have my daily
chore of laundry to do, ugh!
Been so busy today and just now trying
to do it.

I have been sooo cold all day!
Got a pullover sweater on,
button up sweater on and wore a Winter type coat out today.
BRRRR!
Last night I slept with the heating pad.
Right now it's 51 but going down to 36 degrees overnight.
Got my plants covered up because we
have a frost advisory from 2am to 9am tomorrow.


9:50pm


Hubby got called out yet again tonight.
It was something simple though thank goodness.
Let's hope it stays quiet the rest of the night!

I got to thinking about something today.
It's been about 5-6 years since we lived
in an apartment at hubby's work.
It seems like that apartment we lived in has been cursed
ever since.  First there was a lightning strike
on the patio that caught the fence on fire.
Next a car drove through the dining room wall.
And lastly there was a fire inside the apartment
due to faulty wiring.
So glad we moved out when we did because
I would have flipped out for any of those incidents!

Whelp it's 10:00pm.
Kiddos need to be heading to bed
and I need to head to the basement
to change over some laundry, hang up laundry
and fold laundry.
It's Mother's Day and no one seemed to
volunteer to do laundry today, lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment