Wednesday, May 1, 2013

5-1-13

4:45pm


I've had this iron umbrella base and a pole
I've been saving for the last year or so
awaiting to find a bird feeder to put on top of it.
Well you've seen the bird feeders I've found
recently and now I finally got to put
one to use on that pole.
I'm hoping this will keep the squirrels out of the feeder.
They have their own corncob feeder.



Then I moved onto my next project
since it is starting to warm up outside,
my air conditioner in the truck.
It seems to still be working,
the compressor is kicking on and off unlike
last year where we had to jump start
the compressor to make it run.
I learned that trick off the internet.
Saved us from going without AC or having
to buy another compressor!
It will need a splash of freon.
The problem with some of these vehicles
like Suburbans is that it has front vents,
middle vents and third row seat vents.
With all those vents the front vents start lacking
cold air which goes directly to the back of the truck.
I put a digital thermometer in the front vent
and it read something like 85-86 degrees.
When I placed the thermometer
in the back vent it read 60 degrees.
A 25-26 degree difference!
Now mind you it will need some freon to make it colder
in there I'm just showing you how much
of a temperature difference there is from
front to back.  I don't have money to take
it into a garage so they can charge me
an arm and leg to fix this problem.
So here's what  I did since we no longer
have or use the third row seat and use that
area to haul things and want that cold air up towards the front.  
For starters we were missing
a vent grill on one of the middle vents
so I removed the grill plate from the one in
the back and put it in the missing one
in the middle.
In this area now where I removed the grill
I added a clip on oscillating fan
to blow that cold air up to the front of the vehicle.
I found it at the thrift store for $3-$4.00.


Here it is working.
It sounds really loud and horrible but it is
actually quiet.  Quiet to the point when I shut
the truck off I got out and forgot to unplug it.
The sound you are hearing is the air blowing
into the speaker of the camera.
Now all the cool air blowing into the back of the
truck in wasted space is now going to the
front of the truck.




----

No comments:

Post a Comment