Sunday, May 12, 2013

5-11-13

3:10pm


Went to the scrap place this morning
and did half way decent.  I guessed about $40 to $50
and it ended up being $102 for what little scrap we took in!

After the scrap place we went down to the flea market.
That was sucky and we didn't get anything.
Half the vendors weren't there today.
Got paged out as we were walking to the truck
and spent the next 4 hours at hubby's work
replacing 2 hot water heaters.
These two hot water heaters sit in an outside
shed side by side and it wasn't the easiest
to get to both of them in a shed the size
of a small closet.
I helped when and where I could.
In my spare time there I was trying to find
5 gallon empty paint buckets and was cleaning them out.
I managed to find 3-4 with lids so far.
Hubby said next month there's something
like 40-50 move outs so I can get a lot more then
when they go to punch out those apartments and paint them.
My gutter garden could use up to 29-30
of these 5 gallon buckets and because I'm cheap I don't
feel like spending $2.50 to $5.00 per 5 gallon bucket
from Menards which could really add up
when you times that by 30!!

Hubby asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day.
I said dirt, lol.  I need something to put in 
all those buckets, lol.  I got 8 tomato plants,
4 bell pepper plants, 6 potato plants, a celery plant
and 10 strawberry plants and 4 Dianthus flowers
 that need a planting, plus I have zuchinni and
cucumber seeds to plant
in the near future. Dirt would be good, lol.
Instead of buying good quality potting soil
that can be expensive I'm thinking about making
my own mix which will include
composted manure, top soil, peat moss, perlite and epsom salt.


7:20pm


The pager has been quiet so we went out
and visited hubby's friend in Groveport.
On the way out there we passed by McCutcheon Rd
at Sunbury Rd. and it was shut down.  You could see a bad
accident just up the road with many flashing lights.
Found out what happened just now on Facebook.
Read about it HERE on channel 10TV.

On our way home we went through Gahanna and
stopped by the skate park they had there.
I sat in the car because I was cold.
Now that I'm home I'm ready to fire up the
heating pad and crawl under the blankets
for the rest of the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment