Tuesday, May 7, 2013

5-7-13

HAPPY 12TH BIRTHDAY JONATHAN!!!!


8:10am


Since Friday has been stressful for me.
A neighbor kid decided he would come into
our home and hack one of our computers
and get access to a bunch of our usernames and passwords
to different things.  I notified his parent because
Friday is when I realized he changed my Facebook password
and I was pissed!  His parent and grandma is 
very understanding and I get along with them
so there was no problem there thank God!
We had to go through several different sites
and change all our passwords.

The next problem was that this neighbor child
was using an app on his cell phone called
wifikill which interferes with our wifi signal
to our wireless router either causing our internet
 to lag or not even work.  He could do this from
the convenience of his home, GRRR!
Our internet connection was so terrible at times
everyone here was getting flustered.
I did not have our wifi secured and didn't know how to do it
but was determined to figure it out after all this crap
that has been going on thanks to a 12 year old!
I got on youtube and saw step-by-step instructions
of how to do it and tried following them last night.
I screwed up somewhere and totally lost our wifi 
internet connection.
I was so stressed out and we went without wifi internet 
on our laptops the rest of the night.  
Well after a good night's sleep I retried everything this morning.
I plugged my laptop directly into our internet
cable to get internet and to proceed with
securing our wifi.  I am so happy to say that I 
finally was able to accomplish that task!!
We now are secure and NO ONE else can use
our wifi signal without knowing the password,
at least I hope they can't.
I hate trying to figure computers out on my own.
I'm computer smart to a point but 
there are many things that I have no clue about
and my family thinks I should know everything
about computers when I don't!


Now that everything is back on track I need
to go make a cake.  Of course when I lost our
internet yesterday evening I wasn't able
to access the recipe for the cake I was to make.
I need to start writing this stuff down I guess.


9:00am


Got the cake in the oven baking.
You take a chocolate, devil's food or german cake
and bake it according to directions on box
and then pour it into a casserole dish
and bake for about 35 minutes.


I wanted to show you what hubby found for me yesterday
in a vacant apartment.
It's a new in package contour memory foam pillow.
I've never used a memory foam pillow before
and wasn't sure if I'd like it.
Well let me tell ya, last night was probably 
one of the better times I've slept!
I'm not a poofy, fluffy pillow person.
This pillow was a little firmer, just the way I like it
but it still sank in some and formed around my head.




3:15pm


I've had the cake done and sitting in the fridge.
Once baked I took a wooden spoon handle
and poked holes all over the top of the cake.
Next I poured a can of sweetened condensed milk
on the top of the cake and into those holes.
Then lastly before going into the fridge
I poured caramel sauce on top.

Here soon I will be making the topping for the cake.
The original recipe calls for just putting
cool whip topping over the cake.
I make mine a little different.
I mix a small box of vanilla pudding with about
3/4ths cup of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla.
Next gently fold in a container of cool whip
til combined and "frost" the top of the cake with it.
Lastly sprinkle chopped heath bits on top.
And I usually drizzle a little more caramel sauce
over the heath bits.
It should be called the million calorie cake, lol.




For my son's birthday supper I am making
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Mac.

I got the idea from another recipe but are
making my own version with what I have.
I plan to boil up 2 boxes of macaroni & cheese. Drain.
Mix in the packets of cheese along with a 
can of cream of chicken soup and 
instead of milk add in ranch dressing.
Stir in some Frank's Red Hot sauce and
leftover chicken.
Put in a greased casserole dish.
Top with some shredded cheese and
crunched up potato chips and bake.
Sounds good anyway, lol.
We'll see how it turns out.


5:30pm


Time to eat.  I saw all of 5 minutes of hubby after
he got home before he got paged out and had to leave.





6:45pm


I have a cat that likes to move his water bowl,
tip over his water bowl and splash in his water bowl.
I am soooo tired of cleaning up water off the floor
several times a day!!
I read that some cats like to drink water that is moving
and that is why they put their paws in it and
flip it all over the place causing a mess.
They do sell cat water fountains to address
this problem with cats.
I'm not running out and buying a stinking
water fountain for a cat.
But I did come up with an idea to use something
we already have, a tabletop fountain.
I think I purchased this at a church sale
for something like .25 cents!!
I hooked it up and put in filtered water
from the fridge in it.
The cat was checking it out for a moment
then went into the other room.
I'll keep checking to see if this solves the water problem
I've been having.





7:45pm


My son's birthday.
He got Call of Duty Revolution gaming card,
bad to the bone jacket &
a pro skating scooter.






Hubby found me a couple more items at work this week.

A camera case.  Something I've been wanting
for my new camera.


 2 dozen mini cupcake pan.


2 small floor rugs (not pictured),
a push mop duster,
2 laptop bags.




---














No comments:

Post a Comment