Saturday, March 9, 2013

3-9-13

12:05pm


Went to the scrap place this morning
with two buckets, one of brass, one of copper
along with a couple bags of cans.
Made $78.

From there we stopped by Michoacana Market.
One son wanted some Taquis.  
That was a whole different experience to 
shop in a Mexican store.
Mexican music playing, aisles of food that
I could not read and understand,
a whole isle designated to nothing but rice and beans.
I wouldn't mind shopping there for some things
if I could only read the packaging!    

And from there we stopped by the bank
to put the scrap check in and then went to 
Save-A-Lot.  Not sure why I keep going to this store.
I do not seem to save a lot!
I can save much more at Aldi!!
Here is just one example-
Save-A-Lot gallon of milk $2.79
Aldi gallon of milk $1.99.
Now you tell me where you save more.


12:40pm


I hope this is a sign that Spring is near when
a squirrel is  napping on the swing!





  We even have a little breeze to rock him to sleep, lol.
He's on the right bottom of the swing near the arm rest.


 Mailman just knocked on my door to let me
know I have a package on the step.
MY NEW CAMERAS HERE....WOO HOOO!
Gotta go play, lol.
 

 5:30pm


Tinkering with the camera outdoors.
It's not like there is much out there to photograph.
Nothing colorful just yet.

First major zoom shot standing in middle of street.

No zoom. (pic #1)
Zoomed 2 blocks away to end of street (pic #2)


   Other photos playing around.






  
My major photo test will be to take
a picture of the moon :0)
I have been so frustrated with trying to take
a picture of it and only getting a white round
spot on my pictures.

There's so many settings on my new camera
that it's going to take me awhile to figure them all out.
Here are just a few.
 
The kids favorite so far is the coloring book
style photo. 

   
Pop Art has vibrant colors


Pinhole has darkened corners.

  
Fish-eye is bubbled.



---  
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment