Sunday, March 10, 2013

3-10-13


3:25pm


So LOVING the weather today!
67.7 degrees right now.

   
I found this neat little talking weather station
at a yard sale last year for .50 cents.
It tells you the inside temperature
and has a wire that you run outside
to tell you the temperature out there.

I also have a water glass barometer that I don't have
set up yet.  Got that also at a yard sale
for $1.00 - $2.00.  
It forecasts rain 8-24 hours in advance.

And we have a wooden weather station that hangs on the wall
with thermometer, barometer, and hygrometer.
And lastly we have 2 weather radios.
One is an older little square one 
that just picks up the weather service and is only run by a battery
while the other one will send out alerts
with very loud noises like you hear coming across your tv
and was gotten last year and uses battery or electric.
  
Our family likes to learn about weather as you can tell.


---



Went to a couple thrift stores today in search of
a coffee pot.  I was making hubby's coffee this morning
and when I went to clean the pot before making
it let out this big boom sound and the inside shattered.
Scared the poo poo out of me.
It's a thermal coffee pot.
I have no idea why it shattered like that.  I was just glad
my hand was not inside it at the time because
it looked like pieces of glass inside there!

No luck with finding another coffee pot.
Did find hubby a pair of tennis shoes.
That's not an easy task considering his shoe size,
wide flat feet, has diabetic feet with nerve damage and usually has
to have velcro type shoes due to feet swelling.
Also found him a pair of water shoes.
I looked high and low last year for a pair
for him with no luck.
He doesn't go barefoot too often because of
having very sensitive feet.  He can step
on the tiniest crumb and it hurts him so bad
so you can imagine what concrete at a pool side
feels like on his feet.   
And I found a pair of water shoes for one of the boys.
Still need to find one more pair.

Bought another sonic pest controller for .90 cents.
This one plugs into the wall.
I plugged it into the bedroom to keep our cats out.

Would have loved to have bought this microsuede reclining
glider chair with gliding ottoman for $25.
It was so comfortable.
 Oh and they had a very nice microsuede
couch and chair for about $150 for both.
I love my thrift store.
You can find such good deals there!  
Someone will have a nice furniture set
for cheap when compared to new prices!

Well I gotta go start laundry.
Time is flying by today and it's almost 4:00pm.


9:10pm


We went to Sharon Woods and Hoover Dam this 
afternoon/evening.
Wanted to get out and enjoy the nice weather.
We saw 72 degrees today!


  
While out on our adventure
I decided to practice with my camera some.
I've been trying to read up online how to take
better photos.  I still have a lot of learning
what all the settings on my camera does
and how to use them.




    
   
 
      
           
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment