Thursday, March 7, 2013

3-7-13

6:20am


So we're walking through Big Lots last night
trying to find a birthday gift for my son.
The girlfriend of my son has a birthday soon after his
so we should probably get her a little something also.
I never laughed so hard when I came up with
the idea of getting her one of those Magic 8 Balls.
Remember we nicknamed her 101 Questions?!
Yup, now she'd have all the answers.
LMAO!!
  

7:40am


Got a crock pot full of chicken gizzards,
some water, poultry seasoning and Mrs. Dash.

  
In another crock pot I have a pork roast going
with a little water (to make gravy from),
a pouch of onion soup mix and some 
Mrs. Dash seasoning.

   
 I got the fruit leather I dehydrated 
yesterday cut up and put freezer paper sheets
in between each piece and put into baggies
to be put into meal bags to be vacuumed sealed.
And I also got the dehydrated broccoli bagged up
and paired with a pouch of Pasta Sides cheddar and broccoli.



Sometime in the near future I would also like
to dehydrated some spaghetti & spaghetti sauce
to make as a meal for the emergency food supply.
I've been reading how to do it and I think you
break up the spaghetti into small pieces and boil it up first.
Then lay the spaghetti pieces out on your dehydrator trays.
I don't know if by boiling them first before dehydrating
makes them easier to rehydrate or what.
To dehydrate spaghetti sauce you do it pretty
much the same way as fruit leather.
It's called tomato leather when done.
Just add water to it to make the sauce
to rehydrate it. 


8:50am


For breakfast this morning I'm having what I'll call 
The All In One Waffle I created.

I used a complete pancake/waffle mix,
added in some water, shredded cheddar cheese and
real bacon bits.
In another small bowl beat some eggs with a little milk.

Pour a little of the scrambled eggs into the bottom
of the waffle maker, enough to cover the bottom.
Next spoon in your waffle mix and cook accordingly.
Squirt some Kroger vanilla spice maple syrup over top
and mmmmm!  

In my opinion the leftover waffles tasted better
than the fresh out of the waffle maker ones.
        The leftover waffles were warmed in the toaster.      

I might try this with some sausage sometime.
Wonder what the waffle would taste like
if instead of adding water to the mix you 
added a fruit juice like orange or apple juice instead?
Maybe add in some chopped apple and cinnamon.
What about a can of apple pie filling.
My mind wanders when I'm hungry, lol.
Hmmmm. 


3:00pm


For an after school snack I made 
nutella apple wedges.  Mmmm Yum!

  
 8:15pm

My new camera should be coming
sometime between this weekend
and the beginning of next week.
I can't wait to try it out!
Here is what the camera looks like below.
It's an Olympus SP 800-UZ (ultra zoom).
I decided to steer away from Kodak
for awhile since I was having problems with mine and try something different.  
This is probably about as close to getting to a DSLR professional camera as you can get with
a regular point and shoot camera.  
This one you don't have to buy additional
lenses for as it's already part of the camera. 




 Olympus SP-810UZ Rear
 
Olympus SP-810UZ Lens Extended
Olympus SP-810UZ Front
 


My old camera
Kodak DX6490

 
Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Zoom





Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Zoom

 
Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Zoom
 





Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment