Tuesday, March 26, 2013

3-26-13

8:45am


This is how far I got this morning with painting
before my hand went numb.
Used a brush to paint instead of a roller.
It got better coverage.

   
I see I need to remove the fan cover and paint it also.
We replaced the fan with a quieter one last year
but failed to paint the cover when it was off.

Still have this far to go.
The shelf was removed and I need to make
repairs to some screw holes.
I would love to figure out how to
frame that old boring mirror to update it some.  

Just threw some pork ribs
in the crock with a bottle of brown sugar and bourbon bbq sauce.
This will be shredded and served over mashed potatoes.

   
Any leftover shredded bbq pork will be used
I got the idea after watching
Diners, Drive-Ins and  Dives last night. 
I might also throw in some leftover 
spaghetti sauce I have to tone it down some.


12:30pm


Now working on painting up the boards
that I will make a picture ledge out of for
the living/dining room.




1:40pm


Just to give you an idea of what this picture/nick nack ledge
will look like.  It's nowhere near being done!
I have two of these to make for a total of 16 feet of ledge.
Two 8 foot ledges lined up along one wall.
Then I'll glue two pieces of small trim on each piece,
one on the bottom edge and one on the lip
of the shelf to keep pictures from sliding off.
The current black shelf will not be there once it's all done.
 Getting flustered so setting it aside
til hubby gets home.  I can't seem to get
the ledge part to sit at a 90 degree angle.
Gotta watch some of those boards you buy.
I checked mine in the store on the floor for warped ones
but it still seems they are not exactly the straightest.




3:25pm


I've had my hissy fit for the day.
I got so flustered again trying to get out of 
our driveway.  Today I floor bored it and swung the truck 
in the opposite direction I wanted to go
because I couldn't get out the other way I wanted to go
and in turn sent our city trash can flying
and toppled it on it's side.  
Believe me when I say it wasn't a little nudge
to topple it over.  I wanted to make some noise.  
This crap of parking directly behind me is getting soooo old!
It's not like I have a little Fiat backing out of the drive way,
I have a long Suburban.
This is an everyday thing that people have
absolutely no consideration or common sense to keep
doing this to me.  
I have now tore up the yard along my driveway
which is now mud and water which leaves
a tread mud streak down the road, leaves
mud all over my tires and a divot in the yard. 
I'd say something to them but obviously
they don't care in the first place to be doing this to me.
The people are two faced that live there.
One day nicey, nicey and the next
accusing you of anything and everything.
So what would be the point of going over there.
They know what they are doing.
People say I should park out in the street
and do it to them in return.
I'm not stooping to their level!!
But will say something if one of their
friends parks in our driveway again for several hours
without permission!
There, I have vented and now have a headache.
GRRRRR!
 Sometimes I just want to crawl in a hole
and keep away from the rest of the world
because I am surrounded by idiots.


 Notice in this photo below there is no vehicle
parked in the driveway in front of their garage!  They could have parked there!
Instead they park out in the street ALL THE TIME which is NOT designed for any parked cars.
And this started happening ever since all the grown kids moved back home.
WWYD?  I know what I'd like to do but my insurance rates would go up!
  

4:20pm


Just took the pork ribs out of the crock.
YUMMY!
I had to step away from them for a minute
because my nibbling and taste testing would
get out of hand real quick!
Thick & Sweet Open Pit brown sugar and bourban bbq,
I give it two thumbs up!!     
I already have a nice red streak down the front of my shirt, lol.
Got me some potatoes cut up and boiling
in a pot for some mashed taters.  



--- 

  
     

        
  

No comments:

Post a Comment