Wednesday, March 27, 2013

3-27-13

8:45am


Still working little by little on my picture ledges.
I got the 3rd coat of paint on, screwed together
the second ledge and started caulking where the
two boards come together to fill in any gaps.
 It's like caulking a bathtub.
Run caulk along gaps.  Take finger and press caulk
smoothly into the gaps to fill it in.  Paint over caulk.




 I'll probably apply one more coat of paint later on
then will start gluing the trim on.

Spring break is quickly approaching and I'm
hoping to use that week to get all these projects
from shelves to bathroom to getting
the kids bedrooms done.
We've been working on getting each
child a full size bed.
Going to get a box spring and frame tonight 
(free from hubby's work.  It wouldn't fit in the truck
the other day with the mattress and have gotten some rope to
tie it to the luggage rack on top the truck)
 Still need another box spring and frame.


2:00pm


Started putting the trim on one of the ledges.
Wasn't sure what I was supposed to put it on with
so used the caulk and pieces of duct tape to hold
it on while drying.  Once dry I'll go back over it
again with caulk and fill in any gaps.
Then paint it.

   



4:00pm


One picture ledge is done, well maybe.
I do not like the semi gloss paint I used on it.
It reflects light too much and might see if
I have something more along the lines of a satin paint
and repaint it.

Too shiny!
You can see how my camera flash bounces off the paint.
Now imagine what light coming in through
the window does.  It's distracting, ughhh.  
I guess when I asked hubby for some trim paint
I should have been more specific huh.
    

Well time to start supper.
We're having bbq pulled pork spaghetti.
Then off to hubby's work after to get
the boxspring and bed frame after rush hour traffic dies down.
Been thining about a couple large planters on the vacant
apartments deck along with some really nice
pots & pans.  I didn't grab them last time I was there
and now are having second thoughts.   
Hubby wanted to grab the dishes that were left
behind as well but I don't think I have room for them.  
   

      

No comments:

Post a Comment