Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3-13-13

7:20am


72 degrees this past Sunday and now on
Wednesday it's 34 degrees with snow falling
and covering the ground.
Got Breakfast Club playing on the DVR.
It's pretty cool since it has notes about the movie
throughout the movie.
Wonder if they still have Saturday school
like we did back in the 80's.
They now have something called PEAK, which is an
in school detention and also suspension for a day up to a week.
Yeah that'll work.  Something to take away
from learning and make kids want to act up
to get out of having to do any school work. 


Might run to Kroger this morning.
There's a couple things I want to make for suppers
and need a couple items to make them.
Steak Fajitas, actually made with leftover
deer roast, steak fajita flavored rice, bell peppers, onions & cheese.
 And some stuffed peppers with wild rice, mushrooms, ground turkey and turkey flavored stuffing topped with swiss cheese.


10:00am


Back from Kroger.
I went to a different Kroger than our norm
just because I have already scoped out our regular
one for mark downs and wanted to 
try another one to see what I could find.
I am finding that Wednesdays seem to be a good
day for mark downs just FYI.
When looking for mark downs shop the perimeter
of the store!  From produce to meats to dairy and bread.
Check the end caps sometimes for even more mark downs,
even the ones with the freezer items.   
And occassionally they'll throw some shopping
carts in throughout the store with more
mark downs in them.    
I also find that stores that are remodeling have bunches
of mark down things they want to get rid of.
Our regular store is getting ready to remodel
so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for some deals.

Today I spent $38 total.
I got-

2 packets fajita rice mixes,
2 boxes wild rice mixes,
2 cans mushrooms,
2 green bell peppers,
2 cups shredded mexican cheese,
package flour tortillas,
(enough ingredients to make double batches
of fajitas and stuffed peppers) 
4 two liter bottles diet cherry cola,

 15 bags of chips!  
Found in a shopping cart with a sign .25 cents each!!
Healthy chips at that.
These are NOT the single serving size bags!!

2 packages regular bacon.
1 pound each.
one was regular $4.99 marked down to $1.49.
and the other was regular $4.59 marked down to $1.29


3 packages of thick cut 
peppered sugar cured bacon
and
hardwood smoked sugar cured bacon.
1.5 pounds each.
Regular $6.99 marked down to $2.49 each.


1 package of New York style smoked
uncured beef franks seasoned with garlic.
Regular $4.99 marked down to $1.49.


  
 2 packages wild caught
Peru and Costa Rica
Mahi Mahi filets.
Regular $2.87 and $3.98
marked down to $2.38 and $1.71

  
 Two 1.5 bags of broccoli flourets.
Regular $3.49 marked down to $1.79.


And now it's time for a nap.
I didn't get one yesterday.
This time change is messing with my sleep!


7:45pm


I don't drink alcohol too often.
Maybe like once in a couple of blue moons.
I do have a few favorite drinks I like.
One of which is the wine coolers.
The others is a little hard for me to ask for in stores, lol.
Why do they have to have such crazy names?
I mean think about it when you have to ask for something like this...
I'm looking for a
Red Headed Slut and Hot Sex.
That don't even sound right, lol.
I had hubby ask the dude behind the counter
if he had any Hot Sex tonight, lol.
It's ginger liqueur, vodka, dairy cream, chocolate flavor,
ginseng.  

      
Now the Red Headed Slut is
1 ounce peach schnapps
1 ounce Jagermeister 
cranberry juice 
And I like Rum and Cokes.
I don't drink because it usually makes me sick
with throwing up and somehow I end up

sleeping on the bathroom floor next to the toilet.
Well I've got a couple of shows coming on.
No Ghost Hunters tonight.
They now have Haunted Collector
which is ok and a new show called Stranded
which can be scary at times.
I know I wouldn't want to have to spend 4-5
days alone with two other people
in a haunted place.
I couldn't even work after hours cleaning a business
which was in a 100 year old house that was haunted.
It wouldn't have been so bad if I has a coworker,
but by myself, NOT!
This used to be a residential house,
and in time became an Underground Railroad hideout
with hidden rooms, then turned into a funeral home
and when I worked there it was a realtor and loans office.
I don't know what it is now.
But it had enough history behind it to be haunted.    
The house had been rehabbed but kept with
the 1800's theme with looks with original fixtures.      
    


No comments:

Post a Comment