Friday, March 1, 2013

3-1-13

8:45am


Ok so I've missed two naps this week and are
extremely tired!  Naps meaning the other half
of my regular sleep which is only 4-5 hours each night.
No nap yesterday, went to bed at normal time
then the stupid pager went off at 3:50am!  AHHHH!
Nothing really major so we went back to bed and
hubby got up early to take care of it and was 
at work around 7:00am.
Still that paged call affected my sleep.  Eyes are shriveled up
like raisins and are burning so bad at the moment.     
Getting my nap in today for sure!
So if you don't hear from me I'm passed out somewhere
sawing logs! 
Might go throw some chicken leg quarters into 
the crock pot first.  We're having 
honey mustard teriyaki chicken and rice and broccoli tonight.
Going to get a jump start on it now.


9:20am


Don't buy those seasoned chicken leg quarters
when you can buy the unseasoned ones for much less.
I got mine for .79 cents and pound and made my
own seasoning.  Here is my own recipe
I'm throwing together for supper-

2 large chicken leg quarters with skin removed.
Lay on aluminum foil, inject with teriyaki sauce.
Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, 
onion & garlic powder and paprika.
Wrap chicken tightly in aluminum foil.
Place a wad of aluminum foil in bottom of crock
and add enough water to cover bottom.
Add your packets of chicken on top.
Set crock on high.  I'll probably put the crock
temp on low after my nap a couple hours
before supper.
I'll be cutting the chicken up and adding it to a honey mustard flavored rice and a bag of frozen broccoli
that's been boiled til tender. 



Alrighty then, I'm heading back to bed.
Good day (night).  ZZZzzz  


1:45pm


Talking of chicken, I just read this article
on 10TV where Columbus is considering
relaxing urban farming guidelines.
What does this mean?  It means you may be
allowed to have chickens, ducks, rabbits and
animals of the sort.   The lady they talk about lives
in Clinton TWP.  I am well aware that Clinton
allows chickens and roosters.  We are an oddball
street surrounded by this township and I hear
a couple roosters crowing from different locations.
You go literally one block from our home and
I have seen chickens in the driveway!
It would be cool to have chickens but I would
fear that they couldn't roam without being caged
due to many wild cats running the neighborhood. 
Chicken poo is a great fertilizer but like any
other poo, such as horse manure, it needs time,
like up to a year, to get to that point of being
able to be used in gardens.
So for now it's just a thought as I know nothing
about raising chickens and only know how
to buy their meat and eggs from the store.


4:00pm


I've got to have a rambling rant at the moment!

Is it just me or do y'all think it is rude to come
out and ask someone if you got them something
for Christmas, birthdays, holidays, etc.
I find it to be rude!

My son's girlfriend asked me at Christmas time
if I got her anything.  I say yes, I got a couple 
items for you.  Then she asks, did you get anything for your son.
By this time I'm rolling with it thinking are you really serious.
So I told her I didn't get him anything just to be a
smart ass and she believed me!!
Yeah right I bought her something, someone I barely know,
and didn't buy my own son something for Christmas,
come on now.

Now I don't care if I get anything for Christmas
or birthdays.  It's not the presents from people that count
as long as you tell someone Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday
to let them know you are in their thoughts on that special day.
Presents to me are optional.  I prefer food and family gatherings.

Sooo, today I get asked by this girlfriend once again,
are you getting your son something for his birthday,
it's in 9 days ya know?  Banging head upon wall at this time.
Like I wouldn't know that and needed a reminder.
Then proceeds to tell me her birthday is 10 days after his
as if to be hinting to me that maybe she needed a gift also.
I didn't respond to the message because ya know it's not like
these people are kids, they are in their almost mid 20's now
at soon to be 23 and 24 years old.

I'm just getting annoyed by someone asking
me if I bought them anything!!
Hellooo, it's not like they all showed up for
the rest of ours birthdays to be asking crap like that.
I do get Happy Birthdays on Facebook and are
happy with that, the fact that people remembered.
(or looked at the reminder on Facebook, lol)   

And the fact that they only seem to stop by
when they want something.  Like the other day
out of the blue my son stops over with the girlfriend
to get a haircut.  It took me awhile because his hair
hadn't been cut in awhile.  No words had to be said
but I could just feel like I wasn't going fast 
enough for the girlfriend.  No one comes to visit
very often and if they do they don't stay very long
so I was kind of glad to have took my time with
that haircut.  But the moment it was done, coats
were on and they were running out the door.

Well I have a chicken to debone and chop up
and start getting the rice and broccoli made.
Hubby gets off work in 7 minutes the the fun will
start for the weekend and having the 
on call emergency pager. 
        
                      


   
        
         

 

No comments:

Post a Comment