Monday, March 4, 2013

3-4-13

7:30am


Sitting here going through bills and getting them paid.
After this morning I will be 100% paid in full
on any outstanding bills!  Thank Goodness!
That means I got all the double electric, gas (behind a month on both) and all outstanding
doctor bills caught up and paid in full.
Now I still owe my mom for doctor bills she paid
but at least I won't have NO MORE bill collectors
calling me.  WOO HOO!    
I will start payments this month with mom
to start getting that paid off.
Plus I was able to pay extra this month on the
house and credit card!!

We have made a list last year of things that we need 
or want to use part of our tax refund for.
Anything leftover we use towards living
expenses for the rest of the year along with
regular paychecks.
Make a list so you know what the money is going for!
Try not to go beyond your means.   

1.  Pay off any outstanding bills.

2.  Put $1,000 in the savings
account to have for emergency money to get that built up.
I already put $50 a month from paychecks in there
to save up for Christmas.

3.  Can't afford new computers so bought
a new utilities/virus program from Microcenter
to help fix any problems with all our computers.
Was $69.99, sale $59.99, then there's a $30 rebate.
So total of $29.99.

4.  Put money back for our NASCAR tickets,
hotel, gas, food.
Was thinking about 3 vacation trips this year
but now have narrowed it down to possibly
just this one because of the rising cost of gas prices
and the maintenance needed on our vehicles.   

5.  Get cats fixed.  Discount through Cat Welfare.

6.  New glasses and eye exam for hubby.

7.  New starter for truck.

8.  4 newer tires for truck.

9.  4 newer tires for hubby's car



8:55am


WOO HOO, after a week of researching digital
cameras to the point of getting headaches with looking
at any and all reviews and videos I finally narrowed
it down to one I just purchased from Ebay.
Unfortunately it did not have a viewfinder,
something I like but the other options
made up for it.

 Olympus SP-800UZ
14MP,
30x's Wide optical zoom 5x's digital zoom lens,
Dual image stabilization,
720p HD video,
3 inch LCD screen with 5 levels of brightness adjustments,
Intelligent auto mode,
2GB internal memory,
Rechargeable lithium battery,
AC/DC charger,
USB cable to charge with computer,
Magic filtersPop art, pinhole, fish-eye, drawing.
Beauty mode touches up flaws on the face.
Panorama mode taking 3-10 photos 
and having them automatically stitched together
to form one photo,
Other modes-
1. PORTRAIT, 2. LANDSCAPE, 3. SPORT 4. NIGHT SCENE. 5. NIGHT+PORTRAIT, 6. INDOOR, 7. CANDLE, 8. SUNSET, 9. FIREWORKS, 10. MULTI-FIREWORKS 11. MULTIPLE EXPOSURE 12. CUISINE, 13. DOCUMENTS, 14. BEACH & SNOW, 15. BIRD WATCHING 16. SOFT BACKGROUND SHOT, 17. PET
High-speed continuous capture,
HDMI port to plug into HD TVS,
Eye-Fi card compatible
meaning it can have wi-fi capabilities with an
eye-fi SD camera card
to be able to send photos/videos to computer
when you are away from home,  
 TruePic™ III Image Processo,
In camera manual,
You can edit, fix and crop images on the camera itself.

Yeah I am excited about getting a newer camera
and actually being able to splurge a little to get another 
upgraded one.
When you compare the above to my outdated
and slowly becoming non functional camera
below you will understand why I am giddy.
My camera now is only 4MP, 10x's zoom with
320x280 video, 2" screen and a flash that shadows
close up pics because it doesn't extend far enough over the camera lens.  My camera now is 10 years old 
This newer camera is 1 year old.
New it would have cost around $350 or more.
And because I wait awhile to buy things to get
them cheaper I got it for 70% less.
It's like not buying a new car when it first comes
out because of the depreciation right after
driving it off the lot.  You wait a couple of years
to get it for much less.      



10:15am


I am heading back to bed now.
I had probably less than 5 hours sleep
last night due to the emergency pager going
off around 11:30 to 12:30am.
Went out on call with hubby.
Hubby should get about 11-12 hours overtime from it.
Plus this coming weekend
we plan to scrap some more metal.
Every little bit helps! 


2:07pm


I just got an im on Facebook from
my son's girlfriend/fiance saying,
"Hey, ya know your son's birthday is Saturday".
Does she think I'm totally retarded or what
to not know this already?!
She already asked me this a couple days ago
to which I did not respond back to her. 
Why do I have to keep getting reminded by her
and for her to ask me if I'm buying him a gift?!
Oh dear God she just reminded me again
a second time within 5 minutes,
"you know your son's birthday is Saturday".
and then asks AGAIN,
"are you buying him something"
I didn't answer that.
I told her I had to go.  Had to pick the boys
up from the bus stop.
I refuse to answer that because if she
is basing the decision for him
to come over on his birthday 
on whether or not I bought presents
then I'm just going to stay quiet.

3:20pm

We have a Winter Weather Watch.
In the next day or so we can expect 2-4+ inches of snow,
freezing rain, sleet, ice.
Weather people still don't sound too sure of
what will happen because the storm could
shift north or south.


I just refilled some prescriptions online
through our mail order pharmacy.
Now time to sit and wait to see if our
doctor will deny the refills as usual.
Such a pain in the ass to do it this way
with the doctor we have who seems
to insist you need to go in for a visit every three months.


I was thinking about doing something different
for supper as I've never had it before but keep
seeing it especially on the new Lays potato chips,
Chicken and Waffles.

 Butter pecan waffles made on the belgian waffle maker.
Use two to make everyone a sandwich topped
with a fried breaded chicken patty and
sausage gravy.
Serve with some potatoes fried in Italian dressing
with onions, onion & herb season salt
and parmesan cheese.
Drizzle with some sausage gravy.

Any leftover waffles will be used 
for breakfast tomorrow and Thursday.


3:37pm


And yet again another message comes across facebook
from my son's girlfriend...
 
"u buying your son anything for his birthday, huh?"
Please make it stop, my head is hurting!!
AHHHHHHH.
Still not answering the message.
This is four times now I've been asked in three days.


4:45pm


We now have a Winter Storm Warning for
Frankling county along with surrounding areas
until 1:00pm Wednesday.
Oh goodie, it says we could see 4-8 inches snow, maybe more.
 
This Evening:    Increasing clouds and cool.
Tonight:    Becoming cloudy. A few snow showers possible late. Chilly.  Low: 26
Tomorrow:    Morning snow showers mixing with sleet & rain by afternoon.  High 38
Wednesday:    Snow likely in the morning. Snow may be heavy at time before tapering off and mixing with rain in the afternoon. High: 37


 The snow may be heavy at times especially north of I-70 where snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches will be possible by midday Wednesday. A few spots could have locally higher amounts mainly northwest of I-71. Around 2 to 4 inches of snow will be likely right along I-70. South of I-70, a mix of sleet and rain will cut back on snowfall totals with generally 1 to 2 inches expected here through Wednesday afternoon.  The precipitation will end by Wednesday afternoon with clearing skies and moderating temperatures Thursday. 


8:09pm


Another IM,
"Hey, you getting your son anything for his birthday"
Still have not answered.
It's a silly question that is none of her business.
I figured out how to turn the chat off on Facebook.
If you know me personally and don't see me on there
you can still message me as I always have Facebook
up and can hear it even when I am away from the computer
in another room cooking, cleaning or what not. 
I don't want to answer because 
I don't want that to be the only reason they come over.
Last year my son didn't come over for his birthday
because of being busy.    

    



    

No comments:

Post a Comment