Monday, March 18, 2013

3-18-13

2:30pm


Hubby had an eye appointment this morning.
I went with him.
They said his diabetes hasn't gone to his eyes yet.
At first they thought he had a touch of glaucoma
but said they ruled that out.
They did all kinds of tests and pictures of his eyes
and ended up telling him that he could get by
with only reading glasses purchased from a store!
He has a pair 
of prescription no line bifocal glasses that he says 
don't work for him very well anymore.
Doc said no line bifocals are for persons
who sit behind a desk or someone who reads
all the time.  They don't work very well for
those who are in the type of work my hubby is in
with maintenance.  Lined bifocals or reading glasses
are designed to be able to see out the sides and up and down
unlike the no lines bifocals which he said
are for just straight ahead use.    

Well I have to get ready to go to the bus stop.
It keeps raining on and off and is a very gloomy
looking day.  Supposed to be cold all week.
Today's high of 51 degrees is supposed
to be the high for the whole week.
I'm ready for some warmer weather!!!    


3:00pm


Got my gas heating bill.
It's only $60.  This is an actual reading.
We don't have any more estimated readings
due to them putting on new meters.
It's slowly going down.
I keep the furnace on between 69-72.


4:40pm


Working on supper.
I'm making cheese brats with onions and bell peppers,
 on toasted brat buns that are buttered and
seasoned with Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
and cheddar cheese.
And for a side dish some buttered and seasoned
rotini pasta with parmesan and cheddar cheese.





8:20pm


Went toilet shopping, lol.
Didn't see nothing at Menards of interest.
Sure they had the $66 toilets but they were
rated something like 2.8 out of 10 for flushing.
Then we headed to Lowes.
Actually bought a toilet on sale.
Was $99 marked down to $88. 
Now home and doing reviews.
Kinda doing this a little ass backwards
because I don't know anything about toilets
except how to use them, lol.
Not liking the reviews on the one we bought and are now wondering
about a couple other toilets we saw in the same price range.
One was $88 and another was a Jacuzzi toilet but
you had to special order it for $129.
It's not like I want to have to replace the toilet
again any time in the near future.
The toilet for $88 had an elongated bowl which
I worried about having a bowl that stuck out more
in a small bathroom compared to the round bowl
we have now.  Plus some toilets sat almost 18" off
the  floor and I worried about my feet not touching
the floor because I'm short but hubby thinks
it would be a good thing for when we get older.   

It's not the first time I've bought something
then reviewed it after getting it home
before unboxing.  I also did it to a surround system
and was glad I took it back for another one.

It's not like I have a way of reviewing things
when in stores.  I don't have a fancy phone
with internet access to do that.
So we do it the hard way at times.
Yeah sometimes I write the info down
and review it at home and other times we just wing it.
Glad all these stores are close by to take things back, lol.  
Plus I would like to get the vinyl flooring
if we're yanking out the old toilet and putting
a new one in.     
         
  

No comments:

Post a Comment