Saturday, March 23, 2013

3-23-13

7:45am


I woke up at 7:00am this morning.
I couldn't take much more of the hip/buttock pain.
It woke me up a few times in the night rolling over.
Still have the pain traveling down my leg.
If I cough the pain in my buttock area intensifies.
I finally broke down and took some ibuprofen
to see if it would help the pain.
I haven't taken any before this because
I didn't think it would help but who knows.
I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with a sciatic nerve acting up.
I'm feeling pain in my left buttock area
which then goes down my left leg
into the rear of my thigh.
There have been days it's gone all the way down
my leg and to my foot causing tingling or a sensation
that my foot has fell asleep.   
 

What is sciatica?


Sciatica is pain, tingling, or numbness produced by an irritation of the nerve roots that lead to the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is formed by the nerve roots coming out of the spinal cord into the lower back. It goes down through the buttock, then its branches extend down the back of the leg to the ankle and foot.

And I just read that 20% of people with inflammatory
disorders such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease
(Crohn's Disease)  
can get inflammation in the spine 
which causes the sciatic nerve flare up.
Don't know if it's related.
I didn't search Crohn's Disease and Sciatic nerve
it just came up as a symptom when I searched
Sciatic nerve symptoms and thought it was
interesting to learn.  
There are many other things that may cause it. 
I've had it before and it has gone away over time.
Hard to walk at times because of the 
hip/buttock pain. It almost feels as though
bones are rubbing together in there.


8:20am


Well I think I will go find some boxes and clear out
the bathroom of stuff.   Like under the vanity cabinet
and anything on the floor.  
Looks like we're going to have to pick and chose
what we're doing this weekend due to
the snow storm coming.
Hubby says if it does come and drop bunches of snow
then he has to go to work tomorrow and plow which
could be 6-8 hours especially if he is the only
one doing it and depending upon how fast
the snow if falling.  
So going to try and get the bathroom done today.
Not sure when he's gonna get his car worked on though. 
So much to do and not enough warm weather to do it in.


9:45am


Well I got the bathroom cleaned out and unrolled
the vinyl to help it relax some after being rolled up.
Hmmm, hubby is still asleep so we're not exactly getting
an early start on this, lol.  He works so hard so
 I don't bother him when he wants to sleep in.

I got to thinking about something.
If we replace the 24 inch cabinet with a 30 inch
cabinet then the mirror and light above
the vanity won't line up/ be centered.
Something to talk to hubby about.
Maybe just keep the vanity we have for now.
Still have to remove it though to put the vinyl in.

Every freaking floor in this house is completely under something.
For example I would LOVE to get rid of the tile in the
kitchen.  Well guess what?  It is under all the cabinets, ahhh. 
It would have been nice to only have been under
where the appliances go.  It's not like these are newer cabinets
to have ripped out the old, put in new tile and
replaced with new cabinets, they are original to the house
so I don't know why someone did this.    

I figured I'd get a couple of shots
before our bathroom looks like a tornado hit it, lol.





  

12:20pm


I hear hammering in the bathroom which means
hubby got started in there and is taking
off the baseboards.
We ran to his work earlier and got some tools
and some vinyl glue.  Also stopped by
McDonalds to get everyone some lunch
so we could work full speed ahead.
Spent $6 and change to feed the 4 of us
with 4 cheeseburgers, 4 fries and a medium drink.
Me and hubby got the drink to share on the way home.
One child sepcifically requested if we'd get him a drink.
Well, I rushed in the back door once home, rinsed out our
McDonald's cup and put in some Diet Big K Citrus Drop
and gave it  to him.  He was none the wiser, lol.
I managed to keep everything warm on our 5 mile drive home.
You know fries get all yucky if they get cold
so I tucked the McDonalds bag under my insulated jacket
on the ride home.  Everything was still hot once home!   


2:05pm


Progress so far.

Off goes the closet door.

Off goes the baseboard.
Will probably replace it with cove base.

  
 Removing the sink top and vanity.



Tearing out the vinyl.
Would have put the new vinyl down over the
old but the old vinyl wasn't glued down in the middle.


Removing the bathroom door.

    
Sweeping and vacuuming the floor.


2:45pm


Toilet is removed.




Vinyl is laid out in bathroom getting ready to cut.

  
Cutting around edges.





5:00pm


We're done for today. 
Got the floor glued down
and the vanity and toilet installed.
I can tell ya this, this toilet flushes 
faster than the speed of light, LOL!
I think it's a 1.2 gallon. 
I'm wanting to paint the walls sometime
and after I do then we will put up the cove base.  
Right now I need to figure out what color.
Something close to the floor color.  

    
This will be the color of our cove base.


Before and how far we've gotten today.




9:50pm


I am so tired!
Back and legs are hurting.
Glad we got as far as we did with the bathroom.
At least you can use it again, lol.
Good thing mom lives down the street
to go potty!
Now just waiting to see what tomorrow has in
store for us with snow.
I've seen weathermen all over the board
with how many inches.  Guess well know when it
gets here huh.
Got a watch til Monday.     

 


     
            
       


    

No comments:

Post a Comment