Thursday, March 28, 2013

3-28-13

6:20am


60 degrees and sunny for Saturday?
Just might head down to the flea market.
I'm sure it will be cold out early in the morning
and will still need to bundle up.
Just ready to get out and do something outside.
This Winter has dragged on long enough!  


8:10am


Got the second picture ledge's trim glued on.
Awaiting for it to dry then will give it a coat of paint.
Still using the semi-gloss for now.
The only other white paint I can find is flat.
Thinking about mixing a little of the
semi-gloss with the flat to produce a paint
with less sheen to it.  
I'm hoping to have the shelf done and installed
this weekend.  Everyone has tomorrow off work and school.

I was also thinking that if this ledge shelf worked out
that maybe I could make one similar for my son's room,
around the entire top of the room so he could
put his HO scale train and track on it and be
able to run it.  I've always wanted to do it but
didn't know how to make the shelf til now.
I didn't want one with tacky looking brackets underneath
it holding it up.


2:45pm



It's a good thing I left when I did this afternoon
to pick up the kids that got out early today because
I came home and couldn't park in my driveway due
to our neighbor having a big box truck in her parking pad
blocking our driveway and the road.
I just parked out front along the street and came
in through the front door. 
Soon after getting
home we happened to be looking at the security cameras
and see a white van coming down the street.
He pulls off into our side driveway, pauses for a moment
to assess the truck situation blocking the road,
then decides it would be perfectly fine to
just drive through our yard and go around
the truck.   I ran out front as he was stopping at
the stop sign and was cussing up a storm at that driver .
I'm telling ya I am surrounded by idiots!!
Who in the hell drives through someone's yard
instead of turning around when the road is blocked???
Dumb asses that's who!!! 
I'm not talking about driving along the
grass line along the edge of the street,
I'm talking completely up in the yard!
There is two other driveways along our side street
that the person could of backed up into
and turned around in.


 And I thought by buying a house with much needed
parking for our vehicles that we wouldn't
have any problems with parking,  HA....HA....HA! 


4:25pm


Tonight we're heading back over to hubby's
work to pick up a boxspring, bed frame
and some pans.  Went yesterday to do it but
someone had locked the apartment up
and the office was closed so no keys to get in til today.
All was good though as I did find a hammock last night that
someone threw out.  Something I've always wanted.
The rope kind with the wood running across both ends.
It would be nice to crawl up in the hammock on
a warm day in the shade and take a nap.
Wishful thinking I know but I can dream.

 

         
  
          



    

No comments:

Post a Comment