Thursday, March 21, 2013

3-21-13

6:05am


BRRR, I am cold.
It's 20 degrees with a 13 degree wind chill. 


7:25am


Got the crock pot filled and going for supper tonight.
I'm making potato soup.

Add to crock pot:
-4 large potatoes cut up
-4 slices bacon cut up, excess fat removed
-1 can chicken broth
-2.5 cups water
-Mrs Dash onion & herb blend seasoning
-Mrs Dash garlic & herb blend seasoning

When potatoes are tender I plan
to add a packet of sausage flavored country gravy mix,
a can of chicken and add instant potatoes
to thicken.

Serve with crackers and shredded cheddar cheese.


8:00am


Snow flurries, ice, white outs, accidents...
Welcome to the second day of Spring, ahhhh! 


12:00pm


Well I hadn't planned on going anywhere today
but decided to call up mom and see if she wanted
to do some thrift store shopping.
I was hoping to find a vanity or even a dresser or
anything to make a vanity out of before we put
in our new floor this weekend.
No such luck.  But I did find hubby a nice thermal coffee maker
for $5.99.  It's a Krups AromaControl with clock and programable timer.  He'll be a happy camper since he's been going
without his coffee for a week or two since
I broke his last one trying to wash it.
       
I also bought a clock for the bathroom for $3.99.
I thought it would go nicely with the brown tones.

  
I have been looking for blinds for our living
room windows.  I have not had any luck finding 
the size 21 inches anywhere.  As luck would have it
today I found 2 brand new in the boxes
21 inch blinds!!  $3.99 each.
I got them hanging up because we already
have the metal brackets from the last set of blinds
that used to be there.  Most blinds have the plastic
end caps to hold them up but these were the same
kind that used the metal brackets.  


    
Ok so I got lucky twice today with finding
things that I needed.
Still didn't find a vanity in the thrift stores. 

So I'm driving along in Clintonville.
I do a Ubend it and mom's like what are you doing??!!
I said, you didn't see it?
See what, she says.
I''ll show you.
I go back about a block and there on the corner by
the street is a vanity with sink, all the plumbing fixtures
and a sign taped to it saying FREE!
Mom was so shaking her head in disbelief.
We loaded it up in the truck.
I'm like, what are the chances of finding
a vanity along side of the road???!!!



  

With a little cleaning and painting
if need be, I think I could make this work!
Will have to see what hubby says when
he gets home.  It's 6 inches longer than the one
we have now but we do have a little extra
space that it would fit.

If I were to paint it, it would be like this example
but maybe a darker, richer brown.
Bathroom Vanity Makeover. 

Or something like THIS with a little antiquing
around the edges. 

Or maybe something like this.

I don't know.  Anything's possible with a blank canvas
and a creative mind, lol.  


9:00pm


Hubby's gonna try to work with the vanity and sink
I found, maybe get me another faucet.
I still have the new toilet in the back of my
truck that hubby thinks we should hold onto
and install.  He still doesn't think our
old toilet is 100% working and wants to go
with his gut of replacing it.
Which I guess is good considering I found
the vanity and sink today for free
that won't be an out of pocket expense.  

Went to Lowes this evening.
I got the wood to make a 16 foot picture ledge
on the living and dining room wall.
It cost $15 for
Two 1" x 3" boards,
two 1" x 4" boards
four pieces of small trim to make a lip
so the pictures won't fall off
and to finish off the bottom of the ledge
to match the top lip.

              
         
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment