Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3-5-13

7:30am


This morning I've got 5 trays in the dehydrator going.
One tray is beef teriyaki and the other 
four are of frozen vegetables.

2 bags of mixed frozen veggies was $1.00 each
and 2 bags of vegetable soup frozen mixed veggies $1.50 each.


I plan to dehydrate the veggies for our emergency
food supply stockpile.
I'll put them into smaller single portion
packages to be added to pouch pastas, pouch rice,
instant noodle soup or ramen noodles.        
I got the idea this past weekend when I purchased
a package of ramen noodle type cup soups from
Dollar Tree and they had little pieces of veggies in them.

You could put those cups of soups into
your emergency food stockpile.
If you are worried about space then
vacuum pack your own into flatter packs to store. 

You don't have to use these just for
emergency food.  You can use them when traveling,
camping, hiking, etc.
When traveling I think I'm going to find us 
4 travel mugs that plug into the truck's
power outlets.  Add package of soup and
veggies with water and have something to eat
on the go without having to stop at a fast food joint. 
Check places like Dollar General
for one of these mugs.  I'm pretty sure I've seen them
there because I bought one as a white elephant
gift for hubby's work one year.  





I researched some and found that they
also make crock pots that will plug
into your vehicles power socket!
How cool is that?!
When you lose power for many days
you can still have a warm meal.
12 volt slow cooker.    
That was the cheapest one I could find.
Or you could buy a power inverter for 
a small crock to use in your vehicle.
Make sure you get one that is suitable
for the appliance you want to use. 
And remember to use those crock pot
liners so clean up is a breeze.


3:30pm


So much for a nap today when I got back
up due to hearing nothing but chain saws
and mulchers.  
I hate when trees are being cut down!
We got a new scenery out back today.
Sucks because I love trees.
Three trees were cut down.
Don't know why because they were
not rotted or in power lines.
People should not be allowed to have chain saws.
:0(

Before & After




 Tonight for supper we're having
Chicken Teriyaki with rice, broccoli
and bell peppers.




 9:15pm


It's raining,  now snowing,
trucks will soon be plowing,
I'll go to bed with visions in my head
that there's no school in the morning.

Well at least the kids are hoping there isn't school.
They have done everything superstitious 
from putting ice in the toilets to wearing
clothing backwards tonight, LOL.

  
 


   
 

     

 



  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment