Friday, March 8, 2013

3-8-13

10:05pm


Today I have spaghetti sauce with a little
splenda sweetener on the dehydrator.
I'm making tomato leather which will
resemble fruit leather (fruit roll ups) once done.
Two trays equal one large can of Hunts 4 cheese spaghetti sauce.

    

I don't know why but this time of year
it seems like the creative juices want to flow
and my mind wanders as usual.

I was thinking about possibly doing
something like this below for the long wall
in my living room and dining room
with a small ledge to put pictures/nicknacks on.
And also on the wall with the 
chair rail on the one end of the dining room. 

  
I found 3 large rolls of beadboard wallpaper
last year at a yard sale for $1.00 a roll.
It's not quite as large as what's in the photo
but a smaller 3d print on it that's paintable.
Each roll is 33 feet long.
They do sell this at Menards for $12.96 a roll. 
should I need more. 
My walls are of a blonde color.
If or when I do this and there was enough leftover
I could do the one long wall in the bathroom
which is done with a Quiet Rain blue color.
I got that paint through Glidden when they gave
away free quart cans.  The give away is now over with as that was
almost 2 years ago.  It was enough to do my bathroom with. 
I could pick up cheap picture frames from
yard sales, thrift store or the Dollar Tree,
paint them black and put some photos in them
to display on the shelf.  I think I would glue a small
piece of trim to the shelf to keep pictures
from sliding/falling off.


  


2:10pm


Got all the laundry rounded up and put downstairs,
some folded and some hung up.
Got the living room cleaned up and swept it,
the dining room and hallway.  Uh let's see,
started going through the one boys room to get it
tidied up and got the small pantry closet upstairs
organized a little.  I added 3 wire shelf baskets
in there to hold packets and bags of stuff.
Ya know those things that don't stack well.
I got 'em for .90 cents at the thrift store just didn't know
where to put them til now.

Having a sun shiny day just makes you want
to get up and do something :0)

Tonight I'm making pepperoni pizza for supper.
I'm cheating and using one of those Pillsbury
pizza crusts that come in a roll.
 Then after supper I'm sure we'll head to hubby's
work to pick up the scrap metal he's been collecting
so we can take it in tomorrow for a little extra cash.


4:30pm


Here is what dehydrated spaghetti sauce looks like when done.



I started saving plastic packaging that
has zip closures.  For example-
from shredded cheddar cheese, cereal,
Kroger splenda, tobacco.
Wash and dry out thoroughly first before reusing.

Today I put the dehydrated sauce into
the cheese zippered bag and pressed out
all the air when zipping up.




       
5:50pm


I just saw on Facebook that the South Drive-In flea market
will be opening next weekend.
Woo Hooo. 
Now watch it snow, rain or be really cold.
I could deal with temps like today
with the sun out full force.
I'm ready to get out of the house and do something outside!!


8:45pm


Me and hubby went out shopping to find
kiddos some birthday presents.
Upon returning home it was so nice to see
our neighbor's company was parked in our
driveway...not the street...the driveway.
Now that takes some balls.

It's bad enough that they park cars in the street
directly behind our driveway to the point
I have turfed up our lawn trying to back
the big ole suburban out.

Are to the point of putting up no parking signs for our
driveway and putting in some rocks or a small
fence for our side yard to keep people's vehicles
off the grass.  The mailman has done a fine
job of turfing up that part of our yard.  
 
Trash and recycling days are a bigger adventure for me 
trying to maneuver between cars and cans.

Years before you wondered if any one even 
lived or stayed at the house.  Now
it looks like all the adult kids moved back
home with mom who has no parking for 
all their cars.  They can't park out front due to a fire hydrant.
So now their overflow of vehicles is parking
on this side street which is not designed for
street parking since it's not as wide.

Oh and our other neighbor across the street
thinks it's totally ok to park a semi on
a residential street even though the cops
have warned him about it.

If you're buying a house, make sure there
is enough room to accomodate extra vehicles
like we did.  We have enough room to park
at least 6 vehicles in our driveway not including any parking on
the street out front.      
  
I'm trying to bite my tongue as I have to live
with these neighbors for many years to come
and it's not like living in an apartment where
they come and go.  I'll let it slide this time
but if it continues to happen then we're gonna have a talk.
 
One time I had a grouchy old man for a neighbor.
He made it very clear not to park in HIS spot
even know there was no designated parking.
Well...I came home one day to find his car gone
and his son was parked where we usually parked.
His son had come and picked him up and took
him in his car. 
Well.... you can bet I parked in his spot.
And you can bet we went rounds upon his return
with his son.  

Why is it ok for everyone else to do
crap but when we do it we're total buttheads?
If money were no object I'd have a house
in the country with no neighbors. 

Oh then you have to fight off scrapers
who thinks it totally ok to try to go into your
driveway to try and snatch a free standing basketball pole, you know
those kind that are filled with sand in the base,
just because it's sits next to a trash can.
Uh yeah, like I was going to throw it away
but the 10+ foot poles were just too large for the trash can
so I sat it beside it, here's your sign. 
 
I was so pissed one day confronting some guys about it.
I saw them on the security camera trying to take the pole
and ran outside in hot pursuit. 
Oh they said, we thought it was trash sitting
next to the trash can.  I swear I am surrounded by idiots.
Really?  Really?  I say where in the world
do you think kids are going to play basketball,
in the grassy backyard??!!  Helloooo!!!
No, they are going to play in the driveway
where the basketball pole is located.
Once in awhile we may want to park our vehicles in the
drive way so push it out of the way on the side of
the drive way along the fence.  It's in our yard, not along the street
free for any takers.  
DUH DUH DUH.

Some days I just want to go back to bed
and not have to face the world because
it only gives me a headache. 

BTW it's 10pm and the neighbor's company
is still in our driveway.  GRRRR!

Ok bitch fest is now over and will resume
at a later date, lol.

Nighty night.  Got an early wake up call tomorrow
so we can head to the scrap place.
Spent this evening at hubby's work cutting up
scrap metal to get ready.

 
    
            

       
            
                 


No comments:

Post a Comment