Thursday, March 14, 2013

3-14-13

3:30pm


I finished up coloring my hair today.
Tuesday I colored it a light golden brown.
Then today I used an ultra light ash blonde for the ends
to try and do an ombre affect where it goes from
a dark color up top down to lighter ends.
My cost- less than $4.50
Salon cost I was quoted $75 to $110.

Here's just the light golden brown color I did.

        
My hair has layers so I parted off the top part which
was shorter and tied it up.
Then I applied the ultra light ash blonde to the ends
of the long layers and wrapped in foil.


I then untied the shorter layers and let them fall over
the tinfoil layers.  In the shorter layers
I took small strands here and there and
added highlights with the same ultra light ash blonde color.
Left that part on without foil.
Left all on for 50 to 60 minutes.

     
After with little pops of hightlights on top.

  
Top is a little darker with lighter ends.



Not too shabby for doing it by myself and being my first attempt
at doing an ombre coloring.

I discovered something last night.
While taking a shower I realized I didn't have any
conditioner so grabbed some of hubby's
Gillette conditioner.  That stuff was better
than any conditioner I've ever used!
No tangles and left my hair very soft, shiny
and not as frizzy.
Not sure if they even make this stuff anymore
because I probably got it for really cheap
on a clearance.  I don't care if it's made for men,
if I find it in the stores I'm buying some for myself!


6:20pm


Supper time.
We're having bell peppers stuffed with
turkey stuffing, ground turkey, mushrooms,
wild rice, seasoning and swiss cheese.

   
Last night's supper is like steak fajitas.
Leftover deer roast cut up with 
onions, bell peppers, mushrooms,
steak fajita flavored rice in a tortilla
with mexican cheese served with
bacon ranch dresssing.

   

Getting ready to head to hubby's work soon.
He found an outside bench at a vacant apartment
he's punching out and asked if I wanted it.
Of course I did, lol.
It's something we've always wanted.
I've already got a couple of spots possibly for it.
Either by the pine tree or under the arch by the rose bushes.
And yes, I keep checking them roses in hopes
to see some greenery on them everyday
after planting about 14 or so of them last year.
Anxious to see if they grow.
Will be pissed after all the work I've done
to put them in if they don't.


8:00pm


Here's my "new" garden bench.
This ain't a cheap bo bo Big Lots bench,
it's HEAVY cast iron!
Once the weather warms up we'll power
wash the wood on it to look like new.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment