Thursday, January 23, 2014

7-23-14

7:20am


It's 7 degrees outside with a -12 wind chill.
There was still school today.  BRRR!

Well I had my first fall in the last couple of years today.
I went out to start my truck to warm it up.
As I was getting out I stepped on the running
board which was slippery and I fell out of the truck
and onto the ground.  Somewhere along the way I hit the middle
of the left side of my back on something on the way down.
I don't know if it was the door jamb or running board
it was all a blur.
Be careful out there!  Warm shoes/boots on snow or ice
creates slippery surfaces!!

Me and mom are going to the thrift store this morning.
I want to look for some polo shirts for hubby
for his birthday.  Plus I want to look for material
to do some sewing projects.  It's that time of year
I start to get in a sewing mood.


1:50pm


I've been cutting up fabric.
At the thrift store I bought 7 cable knit sweaters
that had the design on the front and back.
I already had 3 sweaters.
So now I have a total of 10 sweaters for my project.

I have already cut one sweater apart so that all
the fabric will lay flat.
I bought a brass square plate for .90 cents
to use as my template for the squares I cut.
Hey I can always scrap that plate later
on at $1.20 a pound times about 2 pounds
and make money off it lol!

Whelp back to cutting more sweaters and squares.


4:15pm


Well I got 5 sweaters cut up so far.
Time to give my fingers a break before I get blisters.
The colors are light pink, cream, light gray, cranberry and sage.
I still have these sweater colors to do-
medium pink, white and dark gray.

Besides getting sweaters today at the thrift store
to make a quilt I also got a tan flat sheet to make
pillow cases for our body pillows.
Maybe make a couple regular pillow cases with
the leftover fabric.
I also got a cookbook called Electric Bread
with recipes for a bread machine.
And lastly I thought this shell wind chime thingy was neat.
Of course there was no price on it and usually they
won't sell things with no price.
We asked if they would put a price on it and they did.
I thought for sure it would go for something stupid
but maybe they didn't know exactly what it was
considering it was all mushed together in a bag.
They put a price of $3.99 on it.  Sold!  LOL.
I just like things that are a little different
that you don't find everyday.
I hung it up in my living room window.
It's about a foot across and 4-5 feet tall.
You think that's quirky?
Last year I almost bought a rain lamp lol.



---

No comments:

Post a Comment