Tuesday, January 21, 2014

1-21-14

8:05am


I hate this cold weather.  My body is hurting all over!

Working on after school snacks.
I've got cookie bars made with a cake mix in the oven.

Mix together 1 yellow cake mix,
1 small box vanilla instant pudding. 
1/4 cup water, 3/4 cup veggie oil & 2 eggs.
Stir in 1-2 cups chocolate chips.
Spoon into a greased casserole dish.
Bake 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

I have some leftover chocolate frosting
from my Boston cream cheesecake cakes.
Put dollops of frosting on top of cookie bars
and place back in turned off oven for about 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and spread frosting
with the back of a spoon all over the top.


2:00pm


Prepping for supper and the freezer.
I found a package of marked down pork chops.
I was able to get 3 meals out of this pack
that cost $5.43.  That breaks down to only 
$1.74 per meal for the meat or .43 cents per pork chop.
I plan a lot of meals around whatever
marked down meat and food I can find.


Today's supper will be-
Pork chops $1.74 (marked down)
breaded with shake n bake $1.00,
macaroni & cheese .50 cents 
and corn .40 cents (marked down).
For a total of $3.64 for a meal for 4.


4:15pm


Got supper in the oven.
Tonight I need to run to Kroger to get
some bread and milk that I'm out of.
Then stop by the carry out to see if
everything is kosher with our work we did.
Maybe I'll snap a picture.
I didn't get a before one only of the couple of
drywall patches we did.
There was holes in the drywall.
Plus we did another large drywall repair on another
wall above the sink.
You can see the dark green wall coloring also
which made it dark and dreary.
We painting it with a color that I will call
pumpkin spice.  I don't know what
the actual color is called.
We have a bucket of leftover paint in this color
that hubby wants to paint our bedroom
and ? with later on.

Then will stop by an empty apartment
at hubby's work to check out a few
things left behind.
Whelp I'm gonna take me a couple ibuprofen
because my body hurts to heck and back.


8:30pm


Here's our finished bathroom we did.
The doorway frame looks yucky because there has been
no trim on it and we've told the carryout owners
we'd put some up but they didn't want it done right now.
There's a reflection of the flash from the mirror on the wall.


From the vacant apartment
I got some pots, pans, lids, dishes, silverware,
storage containers, etc.
I'll post pics of them tomorrow.
I'm tired, froze and hurting.
I'm ready for some warmer weather that's for sure.
The temps right now are 9 degrees with a -4 wind chill.


---



No comments:

Post a Comment