Monday, January 27, 2014

1-27-14

5:50am


Columbus has school today.
Wind chills are supposed to start dipping
to extreme minus temps starting at noon.
Right now it's 18 with a wind chill of 1 degree.

Oh my goodness.  I hope we don't have to shovel
snow anytime soon.  Yesterday me and hubby
shoveled out the driveways and I am feeling it
in my upper body today.  It was a light and fluffy snow at that.
My shoulders are so sore!
Thankfully a neighbor across the street came
over and used their snow blower on our sidewalks.
I don't think we would have had the energy to shovel them.


7:10am


I went around and opened cabinet doors that house
any plumbing and have the faucets at a slight drip
due to the extreme wind chills we're supposed to have.
You don't have to have a full stream of water
coming out your faucets.  Just have it slightly drip
to keep water moving through the pipes
so that they hopefully don't freeze.
Even if you have bathrooms or kitchens in the
central part of your home that is not located
on an outside wall you will still want
to drip your faucets.
We don't have much heat in our basement, only
two vents for an area that is 932 square feet.
Luckily one of those vents are located in the 
furnace/laundry room.  I open them up when it
gets really cold out.  Other times I keep them closed
to force more heat to the upper part of the house.
It still gets quite chilly down there.
I have a water heater blanket and about 99%
of our pipes are insulated.


9:10am


I've spent some of this morning working on sewing
quilt squares together.
I'm sewing them by hand with yarn.
Nothing fancy or perfect.  Just warm and practical.



1:00pm


Well after my nap I sewed a couple more rows
together.  I can only do so much of hand sewing
at a time because I have carpal tunnel
which makes my fingers go numb.




3:15pm


Columbus City Schools CLOSED Tuesday 1-28!!
This is due to the extreme wind chills.

I made some rice krispie treats for an after school
snack today.  I had some leftover bags of
marshmallows that needed used up and
a couple boxes of rice cereal that was given to me
so it made for a cheap and yummy snack.
Then I had sprinkles that came on top of tubs of frosting
that I never used but saved and put that on top
to give it a more colorful look.


Tonight me and hubby are going to the
carry out to do a little bit more work.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment