Sunday, January 5, 2014

1-5-14

11:00am


Got up around 8:30am and threw some clothes
in the washing machine
and have a bunch to bring upstairs that
are on hangers and put away to get
ready for a work and school week.
I'll tell you what, if the wind chill gets really bad
and they still call for school tomorrow or Tuesday, 
my kids are staying home!!

Hubby got up a little later and got the kitchen
cleaned up and dishes done.
Right now I'm working on a breakfast casserole for lunch.
All I have is cheap $1.00 ground sausage from
Save-A-Lot.  Usually I would use Bob Evans
maple flavored sausage.  So today I fried up the cheap
sausage with a little water to help pull the fat away
from it.  Drain, return to pan and add about a teaspoon
of maple flavoring, about 1/3 cup Italian dressing
and stir together til maple flavoring is blended.
Dump in a bag of hash brown potatoes,
add season salt, onion powder (my one child does not like
onions so I still find ways of sneaking in the onion flavor)
and fry til done.  And usually I add in eggs to the mix
but I have to save them for a birthday cake
so will leave those out.   Serve with shredded
cheddar cheese on top.

I also need to work on making a birthday cake.
Hoping to find my Mary Ann Cake Pan
and do up a devil's food chocolate cake in it
and top it with a no bake cheesecake
with caramel and heath bits topping.
Kind of like a Better Than Sex Cake.


12:30pm


Having a jolly good time around here.
Me, I'm tearing apart our closet and redoing it.
Totally making a mess!
It kinda went haywire around Christmas time
between hiding gifts and wrapping things.

As for hubby, well, he's tearing our tub drains apart
upstairs and down in the basement.  The tub was draining slowly,
not due to freezing pipes but from a clog.
He doesn't sound like he is having fun at all.
He said the screws to the overflow valve are broken off
and there is no access panel to get to them
under our kitchen cupboards which backs up to the bathroom.
And water is now leaking from the pipes, oh yeah.



3:20pm


I am making more headway than hubby is
with our projects.  Well other than I can't access
the last loads of laundry in the washer and dryer
because the pipes to the tub is above my dryer.
Water still leaking from pipes when turned on.
Why in the world would he start this project now
a day before going on call and back to work on Monday?
AHHHHHH!
My before and after pics.


Ok who's ready to bake a cake now?
LOL
I haven't even started that or thought about supper
which will probably be some hot dogs and french fries.

On our way to Menards now.


5:15pm


Yeah, the leaks/clogs and whatever have you are fixed.
My live in maintenance man told me I'd
be getting a hefty bill soon, LOL!
Just glad it's fixed and we can resume
to taking showers or baths now.
Time for supper soon of cheddar smoked sausage
sandwiches and french fries.
Nothing fancy when we've been busy all day.
I know I am starting to wear thin.
Still have a load of laundry in the dryer that
needs hung up and a load in the washer
that still needs to dry.
A little delayed due to plumbing issues.


6:30pm


COLUMBUS CITY SCHOOLS CLOSED MONDAY.
And I'm going to guess Tuesday since that's when
the coldest wind chills are due to arrive.


10:20pm


Yuck!  I just took an uncoated prescription pill and it got stuck
in the back of my throat.  Now I have this horrible
taste in my mouth from that pill.
Ewwww!


By looking at the school closing lists
it seems that most schools in Columbus and 
surrounding areas will be shut down tomorrow.
That includes the OSU campus area.
Yup this will be a birthday my son 
won't be able to forget.
He gets a snow day off for his birthday.
Well I should be getting to bed soon.
Hubby's already there.
I need to pack him a bag of extra clothes for tomorrow
with an extra work shirt, socks, undies, t-shirt,
and some pj bottoms he could wear under his
work pants if needed.
He's already got extra jackets, boots
in his trunk and a pair of snow/ski suspender pants.
Gotta be able to wear layers during
such cold temperatures we're about to have.




No comments:

Post a Comment