Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1-7-14

7:00am


I am not waking up to a very good start this morning.
My alarm clock......the sounds of someone puking somewhere in the house.  Oooh not what I wanted to see or clean up first
thing after rolling out of bed!  
My house now smells of bleach or antibacterial
soap because that's what I used to clean everything up
along with numerous hot hot hand washings
with soap and water for myself.
It looked like a volcano exploded!
Let me paint you a picture like my son did for me this morning.
Imagine getting up realizing that your son
totally walked by the bathroom
and got down the hallway to where the kitchen is
and that's where he painted me a lovely
masterpiece with vomit and.... wait for it....
full blown diarrhea....
all over my floor, walls, coats that were hanging on the
coat rack in the hall and whatever else was in it's path.
Might even have to sterilize and clean out
the cold air return vent.
Stress, what stress, I don't have any stress.
Docs tell me not to have stress that it could
trigger a Crohn's flare up.
Ha ha ha, what world is he living in?
Obviously not in my house!
Hubby's not home and spent the night at work.
Thankfully he did not get any more water freeze ups
last night but I'm sure there will be more today,
tomorrow or the rest of the week.
If something goes wrong between kids getting sick
or something needs repaired then it's up
to me to fix it and I need all the energy and
good health I can get at the moment.
I can already feel my stomach twitching.
If I get through all this without getting sick
again it will be a miracle.
I'm doing everything I can to avoid it!
You know once kids start returning to school
next there will be a go round of sickness
floating around everywhere because
of this cold air.


We broke a 130 year old temperature record
for the lowest temperature for today of -7 degrees.
The last record was -5 in 1884!


8:10am


Was just checking the long range forecast
and finding this hard to believe.
It's supposed to be 80 degrees warmer
by this weekend when you factor in the wind
chill we have been having.
Wow that's a lot and would feel like a heat wave!


8:50am


Just did another thorough sweep of cleaning
the floor on my hands and knees and wiping
down walls with a bleach disinfectant
to the point I can now taste bleach in my mouth.
I now have a crap load (punt intended)
of laundry to do.
Cat's have been pissed at me because
they are used to me waking up and feeding and watering them.
Well needless to say I had to totally wash out their
food and water bowls because they were
in the path of the storm this morning.
Oh what a lovely day I am having so far.
And my stomach is growling.
How can that be after I just witnessed
a major catastrophe?!


9:45am


Got laundry going.  First load is with hot water with
extra detergent, lol.

Ahhh, I can't catch a break it seems.
I was hoping the new year would bring in some
good luck or something.
Between hubby being on call with severe freezing weather, 
a sick child, plumbing problems, car acting up
and so broke I can't pay attention,
it looks the good luck got frozen in time somewhere.


2:30pm


Hubby just called me.
He says they've had about 30 freeze ups today so
far that they've worked on with about 20 more to go.
Who knows if he will be back home tonight or not.
Me, I've got a sick child I'm dealing with.
Still does not feel good, has diarrhea,
a headache and a fever.


I've almost got laundry done and that's including
a bunch of coats.  I have resorted to using
my homemade fabric softener even though I said
I wouldn't.  I haven't had any problems so far with it.

1 cup hair conditioner
3 cups hot water
1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
I put it all in a clean 2 liter pop bottle.

Removes smells from clothes and towels.
Removes build up from towels and
makes them soft, fluffy and more absorbent.
Kills bacteria.
Reduces static.
Cleans your washing machine.
Prevents color bleeding of fabrics.
Better for sensitive skin.

Your clothes may smell like vinegar when
you remove them from your washer but
the smell goes away after drying them!

With the budget being so tight it squeaks
I bought 4 bottles of clearance VO5 hair
conditioner at Kroger for .51 cents a bottle.
I already have a gallon of vinegar we found
in a vacated apartment so I'm good to go for
awhile with cheap homemade fabric softener.


5:15pm


My one son is looking better than earlier.
Earlier he was complaining that he was cold
and wanting me to put more blankets on him
and turn the heat up.  One light blanket
was enough and I didn't turn the heat up.
Gotta let the fever run it's course.
Might keep him home from school tomorrow
as a precaution especially after the mess
I had to clean up this morning.


9:30pm


Hubby got home around 7:30 - 8:00pm.
He let another guy have the pager for the night
so he can have a break.
I hear him coughing a lot and this is worrying me!
My son is also complaining about being cold again
so I gave him some more ibuprofen.
Stopped by Kroger and got some
orange juice and strawberry banana yogurt
for him.  Orange juice has the vitamin c
and bananas and yogurt should be good
for the belly and digestive system
for the diarrhea with probiotics and
live cultures which add good bacteria to your gut
to help it get better.







No comments:

Post a Comment