Friday, January 3, 2014

1-3-14

7:10am


BRRR!
It was 1.7 degrees when I got up at 6:30am
and it's now 2.1 degrees.
It's slowly coming up ha ha.
Weatherman says it's -11 wind chill.
The time is wrong on the weather station.
Can't wait to see my gas bill next month.
Doing bills this morning and my current gas bill is $66. 


8:00am


Battening down the hatches for this cold weather.
Got some blankets or towels over some windows
for added insulation.
This is a lighter weight bedspread with a little batting in it.
I can actually feel a difference of it feeling warmer
in the living area with this up.
I used to have heavy curtains for this window
but the cats clawed them up and I only
have really thin ones up there now.

For smaller windows I clothespinned up towels.

Getting ready to start some chili in the crock pot.
After soaking the beans for a day I'll now put them on
the stove in a pot of water and boil them
before adding to the crock pot.
I did up enough beans to make chili
and ham & bean soup.

Last night we had deer roast with gravy,
potatoes and carrots.



9:40am


Chili is in the crock brewing til supper time.
I added some grated Mexican chocolate to it.



Need to start working on a grocery list
and next week's supper menu.

Saturday- Sloppy joes with macaroni & cheese.

Sunday-  Breakfast casserole with
hash browns, eggs, cheddar cheese & ground sausage.

Monday- Ham and bean soup with cornbread.

Tuesday-  Fried taters and smoked sausage.

Wednesday-  Tuna tetrazzini with a side of carrots
and bread & butter.

Thursday- Goulash.
Macaroni & cheese with deer burger, tomatoes & seasoning
served with dinner rolls 
and butter.

Friday- Deer stew with potatoes, carrots & gravy.

Saturday- Ham and potato casserole.


Sunday- Spaghetti & meatballs.

Monday- Baked potatoes with french onion dip,
french fried onions and parmesan.

Snacks-
Rice Krispie treats, 
Hot air popped popcorn with parmesan.
Hot air popped popcorn with dry jello flavoring.
Cheesecake Tart.

Breakfasts-
Cereal,
Bagels with cream cheese,


Grocery List-
Butter, french onion dip, brown gravy packets,
country gravy packets, 2 cream soups,
shredded cheddar cheese, cornbread mix, canned tomatoes,
parmesan, bagels, cereal, milk.

Trying to keep any grocery shopping to a minimum
due to a limited budget and using mostly things
I have already.  If I can get through another month
to month and a half then hopefully things will
start to look up.  Not too far up but maybe above water.


11:30am


I turned the heat back some so I decided to put
another pot of boiling water on the stove to help
it feel warm in here.  This time around I added
orange peels, vanilla extract and some
mint leaves.  I have about 4 bottles of dried mint
leaves that I found in a vacated  apartment and never
knew what to use them for.
Well I know now, lol.  The house is smelling minty.
A cheap air freshener to humidify the house with.








No comments:

Post a Comment